Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I love my best friend so much, is it more than friendship? Watch

Basically, my best friend told me about a year ago that she was bisexual, but that she wanted me to know that she wasn't attracted to me, she is only attracted to people of her own nationality. Stupidly, I overreacted at the whole situations and this, plus other issues, led her to stop talking to me. I was really cut up about this and tried everything to apologise. Eventually, I gave up hope of ever being her friend again. This was the most difficult time of my life...I never realised how much her friendship meant to me until it was too late. I missed her like I have never missed anyone before.

Nearly one year on, she decided to text me. She said that she was sorry for not talking to me for so long and that she missed me.

We are now better friends than ever, I am sad every minute that we are not together. She lives in another country, but goes to the same boarding school that I go to (although I am a day student). We have just done our gcse's and she is moving schools to another, which is hours away from me. I am leaving school to go into business and have no idea how I will survive without her.

I have these thoughts, that how can I love my best friend so much and there not be something else contibuting to the fact that I miss her when we are apart. I would do anything for her. She means everything to me. I am beginning to think that maybe I am starting to love her in another way than just friendship. I know that she sees me as just her friend so there is no way that I could say anything to her about how I feel, because I would not risk our friendship again.

I would be so grateful of anyone who has had similar experiences or feels that they can give me some advice on how to just accept that I love her as a friend and nothing more, I need to get these other thoughts out of my head, because I know that I am straight.

Thank you if you have bothered to read all of this. It means a lot.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 21, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.