Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I had bleach blonde hair, then went to a hairdressers and dyed it chocolate brown about 6 weeks ago. I went on holiday in that time and now all the brown ha pretty much gone and i seem to be a dirty blonde colour.

I want to go back to being brown. I have bought a dye from boots but im worried if i dye it with that my hair might turn out orange or something.

Should i dye it myself or wait and spend more money at the hairdressers?

ReputationRep:
    the DIY kits are fine so be brave...then you can spend the money you saved on booze or chocolate :-)

ReputationRep:
    hairdressers always!!!!! leave it to the professionals .

ReputationRep:
    Do it yourself, I'm sure you'll be fine. I've been dying myself for years.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by love.to.love.you.)
    But did you have dyed hair and then dye it to a different colour yourself?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blondyx)
    But did you have dyed hair and then dye it to a different colour yourself?

I've dyed my hair blonde, brown, black and red, all over each other. My hairs been loads of colours. So yeah, I've dyed over dyed hair. In fact, I can barely recall my natural hair colour. It'll be fine.

ReputationRep:
    I've dyed my hair blonde, brown, black and red, all over each other. My hairs been loads of colours. So yeah, I've dyed over dyed hair. In fact, I can barely recall my natural hair colour. It'll be fine.
    Ok, thanks! im guessing they all came out the colour you wanted then

ReputationRep:
    Ok, thanks! im guessing they all came out the colour you wanted then
    Pretty much, it's much easier to make your hair darker than lighter, so you should be fine.

ReputationRep:
    should always go hairdressers.
    i've always gone hairdressers for colour and it's worked great, left my hair in good condition
    i knew someone ho did the DIY kit again and again, didn't work out so great for them, both the condition it left their hair in and colour.

ReputationRep:
    I had bleach blonde hair, then went to a hairdressers and dyed it chocolate brown about 6 weeks ago. I went on holiday in that time and now all the brown ha pretty much gone and i seem to be a dirty blonde colour.

I want to go back to being brown. I have bought a dye from boots but im worried if i dye it with that my hair might turn out orange or something.

Home dying hair brown is fine, its just when you want to go lighter that you need professionals (generally)
    All the ''chocolate'' browns I have tried from the box make my hair really warm and sometimes even quite orange in some lights, therefore i would recommend buying a neutral or dark brown without any warm undertones that way you won't end up reddish or orange as it fades. I think if you just want a block brown hairdressers are far to expensive. If your hair is long you will need to use two boxes of dye to get that complete overall coverage, anything shoulder length or longer and you will need 2 boxes. I'm not sure using a semi will cover your hair properly so you would need permanent but if you decide you want to go lighter you will have to let this lighten up for a few months before being able to.

You must really know what your doing! I tried going blonde from brown and completely damaged my hair it went all crispy and bright orange/yellow. Do you know why that happened? Thankfully my hairs ok now (kind of) although the peroxide really did damage it and I'll have to grow out the damaged hair.

ReputationRep:

i also went blonde to red to brown to dirty blonde cause of a holiday in the sun.

i think im just going to put a packet brown on it, should be fine

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.