Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why? Apparently lots of people don't like Edexcel, or Edexhell....

Is it because of the structure of exams? The type of questions? The high grade boundaries?

I'm curious to know.

ReputationRep:
    cos its hard to get past papers and mark schemes from them

I don't hate them.

I've always found them to be distinctly average, neither good nor bad. OCR are the worst.

(Original post by mattymattymatty08)
    cos its hard to get past papers and mark schemes from them
    Not really.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by im so academic)
    Why? Apparently lots of people don't like Edexcel, or Edexhell....

Is it because of the structure of exams? The type of questions? The high grade boundaries?

I'm curious to know.
    its more than just mark schemes. etc

i did hist a level with them.
    they mess up the marking. big time.
    guys who get full marks on previuous modules, or incredibly high a's, now get u's... randomly. we got copies of paper and disputed it, cos the essays were excellent. boys ended getting b's overall instead of the full a's they deserved.
    apparently they get uni students to mark it for them.
    i saw an advert recruiting markers for edexcel history, and my headmaster told me i should go for it, just dont tell them im doing edexcel history.
    but its not only history that has the problems.
    seriously. avoid it as best as you can.

ReputationRep:
    Edexcel tend to have awkwardly worded questions; I know that seems the point of exams but the questions are far less clear than OCR. Our AS Geography course was with Edexcel and I hated it, it didn't have a lot of relevance to 'proper' geography and the Unit 2 exam had unfair timing (1 hour for 70 marks). We also do Physics with Edexcel and the questions just aren't as clear sometimes, like OCR's are.

ReputationRep:
    Because Lord Voldemort is head of Edexcel.. And NO-ONE likes Lord Voldemort.

ReputationRep:
    because they make maths exams.

:cry:

ReputationRep:
    I don't hate Edexcel, I think the papers are quite easy. OCR is a pisstake though.

ReputationRep:
    I don't like any Exam Board to be honest! They all make my life hell!

ReputationRep:
    Im cool with em, granted 3 out of my 4 a levels are edexcel, so I guess I got used to them

ReputationRep:
    I hate all exam boards... Edexcel a load of **** for ict... theres a Unit (Unit 7) and its SOOO difficult that most of the teahchers DO NOT UNDERSTAND IT AND THERFOR CAN NOT TEACH IT... Im not bull ******** you...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by squeak)
    because they make maths exams.

:cry:
    :yes: Difficult maths exams.

ReputationRep:
    I think Edexcel are best for Physics.

ReputationRep:
    Its what board my english GCSE was on......

I hate OCR more though....

ReputationRep:
    Two of my exams are Edexcel;

Government and Politics
    Psychology [i think]

ReputationRep:
    I think Edexcel are pretty alright, really. It's OCR that I hate most, I think their biology course is a massive load of garbage myself. I hate the way that their markschemes are so precise and they have some of the most ridiculous and non-taxing questions on exams. Like those ethical questions you would expect of a low standard gcse paper, and you can only pick up the marks if you know exactly what they want. I think edexcel are a lot nicer. Their physics course is excellent.

ReputationRep:
    OCR salters = worry

OCR in my opinion is harder than edexcel.

Edexcel's maths exams are pretty damn good.

(I don't care if this directly contradicts what I said before.)
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    who likes exams anyway??

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.