Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

(Original post by addylad)
    More bull from im so academic... seriously, although I appreciate you diversifying into the Exams and Qualifications forum for a change, this thread is pointless and should be left to rot. You don't even do GCSEs yet so tbh stop your urge to spam the forum.
    I do not think "im so academic" is an actual student. I believe it's someone from TSR who is raising various issues to gauge reactions from students for perhaps marketing purposes or other reasons.

ReputationRep:
    because they set very hard physics exams. i literally lost weight when doing my finals. not only that but also the biology was hard

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Choirboy)
    I do not think "im so academic" is an actual student. I believe it's someone from TSR who is raising various issues to gauge reactions from students for perhaps marketing purposes or other reasons.
    You haven't been here long enough then. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by purplefrog)
    for which subjects is this true?
    For all of them. Particularly History, though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Introverted moron)
    :yes: Easy maths exams.

I don't mind them, though the fact that all my easiest exams (Chinese, maths, ICT) seem to be with them is surely no coincidence. :p:

The only gripe I have with them is that they mark exam papers using a computer/scanner. I can understand if they did that for multiple choice questions, but how the hell can you do that for open-ended questions? I don't even know why they mark using technology; do they have the laziest examiners?
    Sorry, I was referring to the C2 exam, C1 and S1 went fine

ReputationRep:
    I hate edexcel !!
    They give you no sympathy what so ever. Always bring up the most weird looking asking questions - The question baffles you and makes you write the wrong answer, when you could have answered it and got full marks if the question was written properly.
    Also their mark schemes take the fricking piss! - Well for physics anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Edexcel>AQA>OCR
    :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Edexcel Further Maths this summer was a bit of a joke though.

ReputationRep:
    Edexcel has the worst marking scheme ever!!! IT SUCKS!!!

ReputationRep:
    Because they are shockingly bad. One of my AS Politics papers was marked as a low E-grade which I knew was ridiculous and after it was remarked it went to an A. Who was marking it first time round? A one-eyed retarded monkey? Oh and that re-mark didn't come through until November either despite asking for a priority re-mark which totally ****** up my Cambridge application. :grr:

(Original post by DannyBoy123)
    Because they are shockingly bad. One of my AS Politics papers was marked as a low E-grade which I knew was ridiculous and after it was remarked it went to an A. Who was marking it first time round? A one-eyed retarded monkey? Oh and that re-mark didn't come through until November either despite asking for a priority re-mark which totally ****** up my Cambridge application. :grr:
    Oh damn...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by im so academic)
    Oh damn...
    Well ironically I'm now glad about it because I know I would have had a miserable time at Cambridge whereas LSE (and London) is awesome.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hawflo)
    Sorry, I was referring to the C2 exam, C1 and S1 went fine
    Ah, sorry. :p: :o:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Introverted moron)
    Ah, sorry. :p: :o:
    i'm ok

ReputationRep:
    At the moment?? Partly down to "despotic tyranny".

ReputationRep:
    I really hate them. They don't offer Unit 4 Economics in january whereas other boards offer them.. Is this a sign that Edexcel is falling behind other exam boards?

If there's only a way to ask them to offer Unit 4 in January 2010.. if only..

ReputationRep:
    Anyone who sat the Jun 09 Biology Unit 5 will know why edexcel are a bunch of miserable evil f***ers. They are ruining our careers.

ReputationRep:
    They gave me 2Bs :mad2:

ReputationRep:
    EVIL! They still owe me my BTEC result and tehy've had the moderated marks for a month.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kasdi6900)
    I hate edexcel !!
    They give you no sympathy what so ever. Always bring up the most weird looking asking questions - The question baffles you and makes you write the wrong answer, when you could have answered it and got full marks if the question was written properly.
    Also their mark schemes take the fricking piss! - Well for physics anyway.
    This is also true for history aswell. More so seeing you need to do atleast 6 exams, all essays and all with questions that are effectively riddles to understand only for some person on TSR to say afterwards that you completely got the wrong end of the question and they in fact wanted to know all the stuff you revised for and knew but because of the bloody puzzle of the question didn't write about.

I HATE Edexcel with a passion although my verdict is open to change depending on results.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.