Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I only had to deal with Edexcel for Maths and Statistics GCSE. They gave me one mark off an A for maths :mad2:

ReputationRep:
    I've got Edexcel for DiDA, Maths (which IMO the tests aren't too bad), Biology, Chemistry, Physics, and Graphics.
    We always notice a really badly worded question in Science, but obviously there's nothing we can do about it.

But I don't hate them... I hate AQA for their English course.

ReputationRep:
    My main problem is with OCR - but I may be prejudiced because I have only ever had them for subjects that I have hated and been forced to take. But the layout of their exams is so wierd! And so basic. The one think that I really like about Edexcel is that the front of their papers are the easiest to fill in! Other than that... Apart from knowing that the GCSEs I took on AQA made my life living hell, but the A levels on Edexcel are better.

I think all of them have their problems to be honest. :hmmmm2:

(Original post by TannyD)
    My main problem is with OCR - but I may be prejudiced because I have only ever had them for subjects that I have hated and been forced to take. But the layout of their exams is so wierd! And so basic. The one think that I really like about Edexcel is that the front of their papers are the easiest to fill in! Other than that... Apart from knowing that the GCSEs I took on AQA made my life living hell, but the A levels on Edexcel are better.

I think all of them have their problems to be honest. :hmmmm2:
    Really? I would say OCR is. Strange.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by im so academic)
    Really? I would say OCR is. Strange.
    We had an issue with our Crit paper and no one knew how to fill it in - even the invigilators - so I don't actually know if my multiple choice paper got marked or not. That's all really... Edexcel just tells you exactly what to put in which box and where you're not allowed to write - I like that kind of organisation. :p:

(Original post by TannyD)
    We had an issue with our Crit paper and no one knew how to fill it in - even the invigilators - so I don't actually know if my multiple choice paper got marked or not. That's all really... Edexcel just tells you exactly what to put in which box and where you're not allowed to write - I like that kind of organisation. :p:
    Oh you mean the inside? :p: Fair enough... :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by im so academic)
    Oh you mean the inside? :p: Fair enough... :woo:
    Nah, I don't have any particular thoughts on which board is harder, I just get on with it. But when you're worrying about if you've filled in the stupid name section right it's a bit off-putting.

ReputationRep:
    I agree with everyone else. Although Edexcel (for the most part) can have the easiest exams, they also are really unreliable.

Mr. Edward Murphy, Government and Politics examiner, I'm pointing my fingers at you. ********.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.