No, I haven't had one but would like to have one
    22.99%
    No, I haven't had one and would not like to have one
    44.25%
    I'm a guy
    30.46%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by breakthru)
    Own up girls - tell us your secrets! Poll included. Tell us why you chose your option and your views on boob jobs. Guys can also tell us their views.

By the way, when I say a boob job, I mean any type of one. It can be enlargement, reduction, changing the shape of one etc. It doesn't have to be just making them larger :p:
    Don't make them larger girls, seriously why waste that money. We really arent that superficial and the guys who say they are, are just shallow. I wouldn't change my body for anything,

ReputationRep:
    Quadruple DDDD this is what i think

ReputationRep:
    I don't like mine but I wouldn't. Surgery just seems really extreme to me. They're not exactly the last thing on my mind at night either, keeping me awake with worry. I'll just make do with them. Rather that than be cut open and messed about with and have all the recovery time unnecessarily :/

ReputationRep:
    Nope, i'm happy with what i've got!

ReputationRep:
    There are a couple of girls I went to high school with (we graduated in '06) who recently took out loans (a few grand each) for boob jobs. In my opinion, probably the worst way to go about it. In debt for boobs when you're 19...clap, clap.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sil3nt_cha0s)
    Woah! :eek3:

yeah not all its cracked up to be, i suffer from bad backache most of the time, and finding tops hat fit is a nightmare, and a decent bra is usually upwards of £20

I am actually having one in a few months on the NHS due to asymmetry. Im scared but cant wait

ReputationRep:
    i get annoyed by the size of them sometimes (34D) but they're not as big as some people's. i'd never get a reduction though.. i don't want to **** about with that sort of stuff.. and my boyfriend loves them so that's okay

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xXMessedUpXx)

yeah not all its cracked up to be, i suffer from bad backache most of the time, and finding tops hat fit is a nightmare, and a decent bra is usually upwards of £20
    I know how you feel. =/
    I'm a size 10, yet have to buy size 12 tops most of the time so that they're long enough to go down to my waist.
    Primark and La Senza and most other places that do nice/cheap bras only stock up to F at thhe largest, meaning that I need to pay £18 at Marks & Spencer.

I have heard, though, that if your boobs are causing you backache you can get them reduced on the NHS. I don't know how true it is, but when I turn eighteen I'm definitely going to look into that more!

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't mind having bigger boobs, it'd be nice but I wouldn't have a boob job to get them

ReputationRep:
    I don't think girls should have boob jobs. They should leave them as they are because they look beautiful natural :yes:

ReputationRep:
    I've not had one. I won't have one :p: I would love bigger boobs, but I wouldn't want the fake feeling, I woulsn't want the operation..I wouldnt want people to know [as they would i turned up one day with much bigger boobs than i left with :p:] and I don't like the thought of being that desperately concerned about my image to pay all that money for one.

So basically, what I'm trying to say is that if my boobs start growing again, YIPPEE. But, no boob job.

ReputationRep:
    Although mine a quite small I don't think I would want to change them, I have learned to love them the way they are.

ReputationRep:
    If my boobs get much bigger I'd probably consider a reduction. I'm already thinking about it now but I don't think my bust is quite large enough to warrant it and I don't have the money and probably never will do so it would only be in an extreme situation. The only problem is that surgery is so final and once it's done you can never go back to your natural state, that's the only thing apart from the price that puts me off. That and the fact that there's a chance that you'll lose all sensation in your nipples.

ReputationRep:
    I think nature shoudl be left as it intended. It's a shame hearing about all these people wanting enlargements and reductions. Why can't we ever be happy with what we've got (I know I'm a man....)??

ReputationRep:
    God, never never never. You're tying yourself into maintainence surgery for the future and it makes you lose sensitivity there, I think. And I'd be afraid to breastfeed with them and just no.

Although I guess that's easy to say, I have adequate ones already. But even if I was an AA cup I still don't think I would, although I'd probably be less certain about it. I guess it would come down to the question of who I would be doing it for; if I was doing it for myself what would that say about me and my identity, if I could only validate myself by having big enough boobs? Seems a bit ridiculous. And if I was doing it for men, well it seems that most men prefer small and real to big and fake and besides I wouldn't want to be with someone who would refuse to be with me without adequate boobage.

So yeah, no thanks.

ReputationRep:
    Liaxx it is true. If they're causing you lots of pain and stuff you can ask your doctor to refer you to a consultant who'll give you the yes or no on getting them reduced

ReputationRep:
    I would never have one!

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't like to have the actual operation, but i wouldnt mind having some kind of surgery free boob enlargement. Im a 34C but they don't look like I imagine a C cup to look like. I'd love to have D's or DD's so that i could wear unpadded bras and feel more confident in triangle and bandeau bikinis. But in the real world, no, i wouldnt get a boob job at the moment as theres nothing *wrong* with them the way they are.
    However, if after having kids they sagged or went wonky then i'd consider an augmentation.

ReputationRep:
    Nope, and will never get one. I wouldn't be content knowing it's fake.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 22, 2009
Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.