Turn on thread page Beta

I'm a guy by the way. Basically my inner thighs have been really dry, irritable, red lately and it seems like the skins cracking in this one place. Everywhere else on my body is fine. I've tried nivea on it and although it helps it for about an hour or so, it then just goes back to horrible again.

It's been fine recently as it's not like I show of my thighs to anyone as I'm single but I've started seeing someone recently and I don't won't her to be turned off by them as it's getting to that stage.

Any idea's what I could use to help get rid of it? Oh and I've not changed anything in my hygiene routine at all that could of started it. Had it for a few weeks. Any further questions just ask.

ReputationRep:
    Eczema? Go see your doctor or a dermatologist? or try moisturising with something recommended by a chemist, or instead of a lotion use a concentrated moisturiser, it will be less likely to dry the skin out.

ReputationRep:
    Hmm, are they chafing? Your legs might be rubbing together, ie, you've put on weight (you said inner thighs, right...)

ReputationRep:
    If it's eczema I find that diprobase works for dry skin, see your doctor though and they can suggest something.

ReputationRep:
    Go straight to dr, sounds most likely to be ezecma so he can give you a steroid cream to bring inflammation down and an emollient (just a really plain moisturising cream) to soothe it.

ReputationRep:
    Have you been stressed? I get stress eczema on my thighs. Fish oil might also help (EFA's and everything in it). I get dry skin all over when i need to take them though, not just in one place, although they do help a bit with my stress-eczema. I hope you get it sorted

ReputationRep:
    Nivea it is full of rubbish -Try olive oil.
    If it's ezecma go to your GP.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 25, 2009
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.