Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm a bit of a nomad, and for now my address is my family's summer home in Tuscany.

Anywho... I want to move up to the UK all by my lonesom :eek:, and get some work between October-January, but, as you can imagine, it's a tad scary going up there with no where to stay.

I was wondering if anyone knows of any sites that offer jobs that include boarding for a wittle unqualified gap-yearer gal like me? :redface:
    Apple-picking, cleaning, sweeping the streets, shaking, quaking - I'll do anything, as long as I can save up a little money. (Obviously not ANYTHING... I'm not really into stripping, pole-dancing etc..)

Thanks in advance :yes:

ReputationRep:
    Don't know about any particular websites but how about being a nanny? Live in accomodation, seems a bit like slave labour in my opinion but many people seem to do it happily! I've also seen many places working with animals which offer accomodation. If you're interested in animals, look into perhaps farmwork somewhere, or a wildlife sanctuary. Another option is working in a hotel/B&B. Either cleaning or catering/waitressing. It should be easy to negotiate accomodation as part of your pay because, well, there is an abundance of it within the company! These are just some places I've seen when searching for a job, maybe something worth looking into. Best of luck!

ReputationRep:
    Being an Au Pair has potential, there are tons of websites. Out of curiosity, what is it about live in accommodation that attracts you? You'd have many more options if you were happy to get seperate accommodation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rscully)
    Being an Au Pair has potential, there are tons of websites. Out of curiosity, what is it about live in accommodation that attracts you? You'd have many more options if you were happy to get seperate accommodation.
    Well it'd just be simpler really, as I wouldn't have to worry about two separate things, or the cost and time it takes to travel to the job from the accomodation, and also the accomodation comes with the job, so you don't have to pay for it really.

Can you become an au pair without any previous experience though, and just being an 18 yo who can't even drive?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.