Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Girls - Do Nice Guys Ever Chat You Up? Watch

ReputationRep:
    In my experience I think that it tends to be the sleazy/disingenuous guys who seem to have the confidence to chat up girls and the nice, honest ones who tend to be shy. Do you think this is true? I'm talking about anonymous guys who come up to you in bars/clubs rather than ones you already know. I just think most nice guys are too shy to walk up to a girl they don't know, largely due to a lack of confidence and fear of embarrassment or shame.

It's all very British and repressed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mick Travis)
    It's all very British and repressed.
    Why, does every single guy (shy or not shy) chat up girls in other countries? I don't get this :confused:

ReputationRep:
    i would agree with you .
    i only ever get crazy men chatting me up .

ReputationRep:
    I don't agree. Met my bf in a bar and he's far from a sleeze-just has confidence, which is not a bad thing!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sil3nt_cha0s)
    Why, does every single guy (shy or not shy) chat up girls in other countries? I don't get this :confused:
    thats BS

nice guys dont chat you you up because their pussies

ReputationRep:
    :yes:
    Very true. I also find the ones who try and chat me up are really bad at it :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    Completely agree OP

ReputationRep:
    too true! its always the guys who are too arrogant for their own good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tallulah_)
    :yes:
    Very true. I also find the ones who try and chat me up are really bad at it :laugh:
    You obviously havn't met me then.

ReputationRep:
    Unfortunately, girls give these sleazy guys the attention and don't appreciate us nice guys :sad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gibb~)
    You obviously havn't met me then.
    Indeed :rolleyes: :p:

ReputationRep:
    Ive had a few nice guys and also the sleezy type or 'i think im bad but im not' types aswell..But from my past id say the nice guys that have chatted me up, have learnt a great deal about me beforehand, by getting to know me by talking to me and just general friendly shizz

ReputationRep:
    LOL @ your sig :rofl2:

ReputationRep:
    Unfortunately, girls give these sleazy guys the attention and don't appreciate us nice guys :sad:

i don't appreciate sleaze :-)

ReputationRep:
    i get chatted up by all brands. and it's usually me in my drunken state running up to them and starting conversations..

my boyfriend talked to me first and he's a lovely guy.. although he was absolutely hammered at the time and did it cheer his mate up (by thinking he'd get rejected)

ReputationRep:
    All the time!

It's a shame I'm not gay 'cause otherwise I'd get some action, I tells ya!

ReputationRep:
    I don't get chatted up too often, but its mostly sleezy/very drunk men that do, I find.

ReputationRep:
    yup, nice guys have no confidence. (Well some of us do, because of that things tend to go very well for us)

ReputationRep:
    The lions share of men that chat me up in clubs and pubs are just looking for a ONS, having said that I have met a few lovely guys in clubs; I dated one for a while and he was such a gentleman. I would say it's best to be wary of overly charming men because they tend to be players, or you would tend to have a lot of competition for him...I hate that. I always lose!

ReputationRep:
    Petty much only my sleazy friends chat up girl, the others as you say are too shy. Personally I am confident at chatting up random girls but I tend to avoid it since I don't want to get tarred with the same brush.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 23, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.