Turn on thread page Beta

Girls - Do Nice Guys Ever Chat You Up? watch

ReputationRep:
    Do guys chat me up?
    :hahaha:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by truckstopblues)
    i would agree with you .
    i only ever get crazy men chatting me up .
    Probably because you look like you're giving an invisible blowjob.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChunkymunkyDJC)
    Probably because you look like you're giving an invisible blowjob.

well now at least i know why .

(Original post by Mick Travis)
    In my experience I think that it tends to be the sleazy/disingenuous guys who seem to have the confidence to chat up girls and the nice, honest ones who tend to be shy. Do you think this is true? I'm talking about anonymous guys who come up to you in bars/clubs rather than ones you already know. I just think most nice guys are too shy to walk up to a girl they don't know, largely due to a lack of confidence and fear of embarrassment or shame.

It's all very British and repressed.
    not going to lie about myself here at all;
    im a shy guy, who finds it hard to chat up girls/ask them out!
    but im a nice person, cleve, funny and i get on really well with everyone and love having fun (i dont usually big myself up! im quite self depracating usually, thank god this is anonymous)
    and i see complete jerks and idiots chatting up all the really nice girls!! just because i dont have the confidence to ask them out or flirt with them... it's not really like me to go and chat a girl up like that, i like to get to know people, but a lot of girls are just taken away by confident guys who chat them up successfully!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mick Travis)
    In my experience I think that it tends to be the sleazy/disingenuous guys who seem to have the confidence to chat up girls and the nice, honest ones who tend to be shy. Do you think this is true? I'm talking about anonymous guys who come up to you in bars/clubs rather than ones you already know. I just think most nice guys are too shy to walk up to a girl they don't know, largely due to a lack of confidence and fear of embarrassment or shame.

It's all very British and repressed.

Hahaha so true!
    Normally guys who try and chat me up are nutters....badtimes

ReputationRep:
    Yeah. I don't get this sort of thing very often, but I used to think I didn't have this problem because I only really give off the air of an uptight nerd if you've never spoken to me. Unfortunately, I've discovered recently that every single guy who has ever shown interest in me is already in a relationship. What the Hell is up with that.

ReputationRep:
    I can safely say I have never been chatted up by a 'nice' guy. For some reason, whenever I'm out, i always seem to get chatted up by guys who are on stag dos, or football tours or whatever, and they're always from Barnsley!!

The moment I hear those immortal opening words 'We're from Barnsleh' I just walk away, because it's so obvious they're just looking for a one night stand; they're hardly looking for a girlfriend in newcastle on a stag do are they?

I also find that the stag-dos come here because they think geordie girls are easy - Ive actually had them express disbelief when ive said I wouldn't go near them, going 'oh, but you're from newcastle?!'

But no, I wish nice lads would attempt to buy me a drink when i'm out, i'd more than likely not knock them back.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah same!
    I live in Britain, and I've only ever been chatted up by sleezeballs, but wherever else I go, cyprus, Ireland, America, etc I get some really sweet, shy guys asking me out to coffee or for a drink somewhere etc. I don't know, maybe its a confidence thing, maybe someone needs to get the ball rolling!
    And honestly, if a shy, sweet, well groomed nice-mannered guy asked me for coffee, 9/10 times, I'd say sure!

ReputationRep:
    yes, it sucks.
    ive only ever had ONE nice guy chat me up and really take me out on proper, romantic, old fashioned dates. and that was 4 years ago.
    since then its been sleazy *****.

ReputationRep:
    Right... I, too, suffer from Nice-Guy Shyness Syndrome.

I don't really have a problem with talking to complete strangers - but (and this is gonna sound stupid) I just don't know HOW to flirt lol - I just don't know what to say... And I believe this is the case for most other NGSS sufferers... Any pointers, ladies? I'm sure they'd benefit us all haha

latot

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Smith_)
    I can safely say I have never been chatted up by a 'nice' guy. For some reason, whenever I'm out, i always seem to get chatted up by guys who are on stag dos, or football tours or whatever, and they're always from Barnsley!!

The moment I hear those immortal opening words 'We're from Barnsleh' I just walk away, because it's so obvious they're just looking for a one night stand; they're hardly looking for a girlfriend in newcastle on a stag do are they?

I also find that the stag-dos come here because they think geordie girls are easy - Ive actually had them express disbelief when ive said I wouldn't go near them, going 'oh, but you're from newcastle?!'

But no, I wish nice lads would attempt to buy me a drink when i'm out, i'd more than likely not knock them back.
    Can I buy you a drink :teeth:

:vroam:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ferry500)
    Can I buy you a drink :teeth:

:vroam:
    Providing you're not from Barnsley, yes.

ReputationRep:
    As my girlfriend says I am a nice & sweet guy, I have confidence ( I asked out my girlfriend after the 2nd time I saw her). The reason I didn't ask girls out before is because I was shy but not any more, now I am just very lazy (girlfriend agrees with this 100%).
    I think the shyness is a natural trait for all nice guys that they need to get rid of in their own way.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 23, 2009

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.