Turn on thread page Beta

How to grow tall watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Cut your legs off and replace them with 3 inch PVC piping of the desired length.

ReputationRep:
    Try stretching every day before going to sleep, and waking up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dumbgeek)
    How can i grow taller

any advice/info/ancedotes

thanks
    here's some REAL advice

- greater intake of protein (at least it will bulk you up if not make you taller)
    - exercise, such as chin ups, basketball or some stretches (find on the internet theres loads)
    - get good sleep! it helps your hormones or something
    - have a good balanced diet (cliche i know but it helps in almost anything)
    - hope for the best, you probably won't gain too much from extra stuff, it's down to genes mostly
    - if all the fails, buy some tall shoes here, they give you 2.5in more height hehe http://www.tallmenshoes.com/?gclid=C...***A4wodjToC5A

note: there are height-gaining supplements out there, but approach with caution (id say just avoid them), ask your doctor before you take any - they are mainly for really desparate shorties (ps how tall are you? age?)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jasper.Paterson)
    Smoke cigarettes. I started to smoke when I was 16. Now I'm 6'2".
    Irrefutable evidence.

(Original post by Finbar21)
    hang around with midgets, everyone will comment on how tall you are.
    :rofl2:

(Original post by jonny23563)
    Eat some testosterone.
    Eat some dumb-bells

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lou Reed)
    here's some REAL advice

- greater intake of protein (at least it will bulk you up if not make you taller)
    - exercise, such as chin ups, basketball or some stretches (find on the internet theres loads)
    - get good sleep! it helps your hormones or something
    - have a good balanced diet (cliche i know but it helps in almost anything)
    - hope for the best, you probably won't gain too much from extra stuff, it's down to genes mostly
    - if all the fails, buy some tall shoes here, they give you 2.5in more height hehe http://www.tallmenshoes.com/?gclid=C...***A4wodjToC5A

note: there are height-gaining supplements out there, but approach with caution (id say just avoid them), ask your doctor before you take any - they are mainly for really desparate shorties (ps how tall are you? age?)

Are you thick? You cannot influence growth unless you already have a defiency.

ReputationRep:
    To be honest I grew from 5ft11.5 to 6ft1 when I started smoking cigarettes after not growing from ages 16-18.

I read they increase circulating levels of growth hormone but also prolactin and other homo hormones.

Maybe I just grew naturally though meh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rizzletastic)
    Are you thick? You cannot influence growth unless you already have a defiency.
    yea! i put "you probably wont gain extra"....itll give him some nice false hope if anything and thats what hes looking for.

either way, the things i suggested would give him a better lifestyle in general

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tootles)
    Yeah, I like mine with salt and pepper, spread on toast.

OP: get a rack.

Good thinking,

Boobs always distract from shortness, works for male and females, althought the reasons for distraction are different.

ReputationRep:
    Tie your arms to the ceiling and hang weights off your legs.

ReputationRep:
    Wear heels. Especially if you're male.

(Original post by JammyP)
    Good thinking,

Boobs always distract from shortness, works for male and females, althought the reasons for distraction are different.
    Heh.

I know you know this, but:

ReputationRep:
    yea! i put "you probably wont gain extra"....itll give him some nice false hope if anything and thats what hes looking for.

either way, the things i suggested would give him a better lifestyle in general
    Please don't pass off that as 'real advice' then.

ReputationRep:
    Please don't pass off that as 'real advice' then.
    real as in not a joke, like most of the others (even tho they were pretty funny), thats all i meant.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tootles)
    Heh.

I know you know this, but:
    Yeah some guy posted a pic earlier as well.

TBH both meanings off rack are probably not going to help the OP.

I remember something like your maximum height is set by your genes (your "genetic potential), but nutruition/diet play some role in attaining your maximum height. Poor nutrution during the two biggest growth stages (from birth to 2 years and puberty) can stop you achieving your "genetic potential"

Not all genes for height are known, so get discovering some OP then work out how to use safe systemic genetic engineering. Although if you do all that you will probably be very wealthy and height won't be much of an issue for you.

(Original post by JammyP)
    Yeah some guy posted a pic earlier as well.

TBH both meanings off rack are probably not going to help the OP.

I remember something like your maximum height is set by your genes, but nutruition/diet play some role in attaining your maximum height.

Not all genes for height are known, so get discovering some OP then work out how to alter them.
    Well, you will be taller if you live in space.

:awesome:

ReputationRep:
    Why would you want to be tall? Difficulty travelling in regular cars/planes, always banging your head on doorways, low roofs cause neck pain, clothes can be awkward to find, get moaned at when you stand infront of people, falling over hurts a lot more, feet stick out the bottom of your bed, trip over kids in the street as they're so much shorter.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Steeps)
    Why would you want to be tall? Difficulty travelling in regular cars/planes, always banging your head on doorways, low roofs cause neck pain, clothes can be awkward to find, get moaned at when you stand infront of people, falling over hurts a lot more, feet stick out the bottom of your bed, trip over kids in the street as they're so much shorter.
    lol! i hope youre joking..

ReputationRep:
    lol! i hope youre joking..
    Nope, I'm a good 6" shorter than one of my friends who seems to have all of these issues whereas I don't

ReputationRep:
    Amputate your legs and hope they regenerate ............longer.

ReputationRep:
    Irrefutable evidence.
    It really should be published in a medical journal.

Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.