Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Recently i ahve noticed many feminist based thread on TSR. What is curious is that in the replys from many of the men in these threads they claim that women actually have it easier than men and have more rights.

Obviously no one can deny that the civil courts are biased to women, that education favours women, that women earn more than men up until 30 (when many women start having babies)....

So is there any truth in the belief that women these days have it easier than men and have more rights.....

Discuss...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheJudge)
    Recently i ahve noticed many feminist based thread on TSR. What is curious is that in the replys from many of the men in these threads they claim that women actually have it easier than men and have more rights.

Obviously no one can deny that the civil courts are biased to women, that education favours women, that women earn more than men up until 30 (when many women start having babies)....

So is there any truth in the belief that women these days have it easier than men and have more rights.....

Discuss...
    Women have more rights defo yeah, the big one for me is rape, I mean a guy and a girl can have sex, and all the women has to do is turn round at the end and say I didn't consent for that, and it's the man's word against hers.

But they don't have it easier at all

ReputationRep:
    i don't believe there should be equal rights for men and women. men and women are different.

you can't really say whether men or women have it easier without generalising. everyone's different, and we all have our own personal struggles depending on variable factors..

(Original post by Farmboy_Pip)
    i don't believe there should be equal rights for men and women. men and women are different.

you can't really say whether men or women have it easier without generalising. everyone's different, and we all have our own personal struggles depending on variable factors..
    So what do you suggest? :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lefty Leo)
    So what do you suggest? :ninja:
    that people should be assessed relatively on their abilities, regardless of gender.

that people should be assessed relatively on their abilities, regardless of gender.
    Yes but you just said that men and women are different and should this have different rights? :lolwut:

Did you just support sexism? :zomg:

ReputationRep:
    Yes but you just said that men and women are different and should this have different rights? :lolwut:

Did you just support sexism? :zomg:
    men and women think and act in different ways. i'm not suggesting women or men should be surpressed, i'm just saying that, as everyone is different, it seems bizarre to enforce equal rights.

so.. i guess i did support sexism, but not in a bad way. i'm not by any means saying women should stay in the kitchen while the men earn the beans (although it would make things alot easier :p:)

men and women think and act in different ways. i'm not suggesting women or men should be surpressed, i'm just saying that, as everyone is different, it seems bizarre to enforce equal rights.

so.. i guess i did support sexism, but not in a bad way. i'm not by any means saying women should stay in the kitchen while the men earn the beans (although it would make things alot easier :p:)
    :woo:

Everyone is different in the minutest of ways. When it comes down to it we're human, and ultimately almost all of us are the same in most ways but a few. If you mean biologically different, men are just as intelligent as women, and as technology progresses (and has progressed) strength in a person becomes increasingly unneccessary. Soon enough they'll have electric armour suits for people to wear in combat, which even women can wear.

Ultimately, physical strength is becoming increasingly useless and will be totally obsolete.

I don't really see how else men and women are different. If you think women are irrational and men aren't, wrong. Women just say stuff because they haven't had the violence factor in their life (if you say something offensive as a young boy, you get punched, etc), assuming that all generalizations are true, which ofcourse they aren't at all.

And you think life wuuld be easier if women stayed at home? :lolwut: I bet your views are coloured by bad personal experience :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zKlown)
    Women have more rights defo yeah, the big one for me is rape, I mean a guy and a girl can have sex, and all the women has to do is turn round at the end and say I didn't consent for that, and it's the man's word against hers.

Trust me, it's not actually that easy!

ReputationRep:
    women have more right then men, but the stupidest thing is, its men who made man made laws to give women more rights.
    Men are soo stupid these days, they suck up to women and dare not criticize in the fear of being called sexist.

I am afraid that women appreciate cruelty, downright cruelty, more than anything else. They have wonderfully primitive instincts. We have emancipated them, but they remain slaves looking for their masters all the same. They love being dominated.
    THE PICTURE OF DORIAN GRAY

ReputationRep:
    can someone please explain how women have MORE rights than men?

this is probably perception as opposed to reality.

as a man I can cry rape too (if with a man) and were I to have slept with a woman I can also cry sexual assault.

See?

squish.

ReputationRep:
    Argh. Women are the best. End of.

ReputationRep:
    :woo:

Everyone is different in the minutest of ways. When it comes down to it we're human, and ultimately almost all of us are the same in most ways but a few. If you mean biologically different, men are just as intelligent as women, and as technology progresses (and has progressed) strength in a person becomes increasingly unneccessary. Soon enough they'll have electric armour suits for people to wear in combat, which even women can wear.

Ultimately, physical strength is becoming increasingly useless and will be totally obsolete.

I don't really see how else men and women are different. If you think women are irrational and men aren't, wrong. Women just say stuff because they haven't had the violence factor in their life (if you say something offensive as a young boy, you get punched, etc), assuming that all generalizations are true, which ofcourse they aren't at all.

And you think life wuuld be easier if women stayed at home? :lolwut: I bet your views are coloured by bad personal experience :p:
    i was only joking when i said it would be easier if women stayed at home. i don't think that at all. if a woman wants a job, she should go and get one. if a man wants to stay at home, he should stay at home.

i never said i don't think men aren't irrational, everyone is different. i guess i don't mean that men and women should have different rights, just that people should be treated as individuals, not as gender group.

ah bugger. when i said there shouldn't be equal rights for men and women, i didn't mean.. i mean, i phrased it wrong. i've always been bad with my words. i don't mean that all men are different to all women and therefore there should be different rights for each gender...

i know what i mean..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr_Mad)
    women have more right then men, but the stupidest thing is, its men who made man made laws to give women more rights.
    Men are soo stupid these days, they suck up to women and dare not criticize in the fear of being called sexist.

I am afraid that women appreciate cruelty, downright cruelty, more than anything else. They have wonderfully primitive instincts. We have emancipated them, but they remain slaves looking for their masters all the same. They love being dominated.
    THE PICTURE OF DORIAN GRAY
    moan all you want sweetheart, you're on an internet forum and what you say isn't going make a difference to anyone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheButtylicious)
    in what way?

squish.

i was only joking when i said it would be easier if women stayed at home. i don't think that at all. if a woman wants a job, she should go and get one. if a man wants to stay at home, he should stay at home.

i never said i don't think men aren't irrational, everyone is different. i guess i don't mean that men and women should have different rights, just that people should be treated as individuals, not as gender group.

ah bugger. when i said there shouldn't be equal rights for men and women, i didn't mean.. i mean, i phrased it wrong. i've always been bad with my words. i don't mean that all men are different to all women and therefore there should be different rights for each gender...

i know what i mean..
    Typical girl, speaking before she thinks :awesome:

:console: Don't worry, we all make mistakes

But still, should people have different rights depending on their different characteristics? Should a cripple be killed and a genius encouraged to have children? This is bordering on eugenics :woo:

I mean you didn't suggest any of that, but it's the implication one gets when suggesting people should have different rights based on their individuality.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zKlown)

This isn't true. Conviction rates for rape are at an all time low, and most women that are raped do not see their cases go to court.

Rape isn't about having more rights, it's about biology - a guy can hardly accuse a girl of rape.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xps.systems)
    in what way?

squish.
    In every way virtually possible. There is no need for men now what so ever - so we done?

(I'm currently hating men at the moment. I'll be over it by tomorrow)

(Original post by TheButtylicious)
    :wtf:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xps.systems)
    can someone please explain how women have MORE rights than men?
    :yes: Please explain!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.