Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheButtylicious)
    What do you do?

Why would you have to pressurise someone? There are plenty of ****s around anyways I'm not sure plently of men would agree to that one mate. I'm sure my ex wouldn't :sigh:
    I study full-time during the day (Oct-Jun) and work (nearly) full-time in the evenings - 3 evenings/week and Sundays. I'm president of one soc and pretty heavily involved in other ones too and am planning on a masters starting next yr and will be busy all through the holidays with internships, studying for industry-specific quals etc.

Again, I wouldn't personally want to be taken advantage of by a '****' but many men may disagree. As I said, I have lasted a long time without needing sex (maybe if I was more idle I may have felt I 'needed' it more!). You CAN always use your hand or if you want the sensation to be more realistic there are always fleshlights and sex dolls.

squish.

ReputationRep:
    Okay probably not... but what are the figures for general female employment? - Squishy Boy?!

I agree with you; although I just think women are generally better - no offence
    I don't know about general female employment and was only aware of the statistics when it comes to those in 'trading' roles - not sure which type of firms this survey was done at either so it may not be entirely representative.

A recent survey by The Times though suggested that out of their respondents, investment banking (the career bracket where you are most likely to be able to do 'trading' in) was the no. 1 career choice for men but no. 10 career choice for women....hmmm.

squish.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xps.systems)
    Coping with stress and being as rational as possible are certainly valuable traits when you're trading. That said, maybe society permits women to express their emotions more often than men but this doesn't mean that a woman is 'less suited' to trading. I have had female teachers in the past and could never tell when they were menstruating so I'm sure that this wouldn't really 'get in the way' of being able to trade successfully - can you tell when a woman is on her period?

Some say that single-sex education is the best way to combat 'gender stereotyping' before entering the workplace. What do you reckon?

squish.
    Hasn't there already been a thread on that? I'm just saying if it was me, you'd be able to tell.

Loads of balls, that is.

ReputationRep:
    I study full-time during the day (Oct-Jun) and work (nearly) full-time in the evenings - 3 evenings/week and Sundays. I'm president of one soc and pretty heavily involved in other ones too and am planning on a masters starting next yr and will be busy all through the holidays with internships, studying for industry-specific quals etc.

Again, I wouldn't personally want to be taken advantage of by a '****' but many men may disagree. As I said, I have lasted a long time without needing sex (maybe if I was more idle I may have felt I 'needed' it more!). You CAN always use your hand or if you want the sensation to be more realistic there are always fleshlights and sex dolls.

squish.
    Christ. What are you doing here then?! :P What society are of in charge of?

I don't need to know this btw. I don't actually own a penis I hate ****s anyways. I think it's awful that people just have no respect for themselves like that.

ReputationRep:
    I don't know about general female employment and was only aware of the statistics when it comes to those in 'trading' roles - not sure which type of firms this survey was done at either so it may not be entirely representative.

A recent survey by The Times though suggested that out of their respondents, investment banking (the career bracket where you are most likely to be able to do 'trading' in) was the no. 1 career choice for men but no. 10 career choice for women....hmmm.

squish.
    Let's all just travel back to the nineteenth century before women got the sodding vote.
    Love ya Pankhursts

ReputationRep:
    Christ. What are you doing here then?! :P What society are of in charge of?

I don't need to know this btw. I don't actually own a penis I hate ****s anyways. I think it's awful that people just have no respect for themselves like that.
    I'm currently making an application whilst being on The Student Room too. Because I'm in the office on 3 weeknights (6pm-1am) I can get v. bored when everyone else has left by around 8pm so then come on The Student Room whilst multi-tasking with other stuff. The work takes up 30 hrs of my week usually. I'm involved in a finance-related soc and am starting up a microenterprise-related one.

I'm actually in my hometown right now but will need to be back in London tomorrow afternoon for work etc.

The point I was trying to make to you is that if women can get by with just fingering themselves/using vibrators etc. then men can do the equivalent, no? I usually go out (socially) once every 3 months or so - many times when I go out it's usually some kind of business-related/industry-specific event so I don't have much opportunity to meet women in a non-professional sense.

If those men want to pursue women then that is fine but there is a strong likelihood that they may have to deal with things like rejection, infidelity, embarrassment etc. and those aren't things I'd particularly enjoy dealing with.

squish.

ReputationRep:
    Let's all just travel back to the nineteenth century before women got the sodding vote.
    Love ya Pankhursts
    ?? I take it you have heard of the Suffragists and the Suffragettes?

Those statistics were taken from a series of interviews with male and female students who were just about to graduate! Just because loads of male students (relative to female students) may have been wannabe investment bankers doesn't necessarily mean that more men than women were hired by i-banks (although you would expect it to be more male dominant if there were significantly more male than female applicants).

squish.

ReputationRep:
    I'm currently making an application whilst being on The Student Room too. Because I'm in the office on 3 weeknights (6pm-1am) I can get v. bored when everyone else has left by around 8pm so then come on The Student Room whilst multi-tasking with other stuff. The work takes up 30 hrs of my week usually. I'm involved in a finance-related soc and am starting up a microenterprise-related one.

I'm actually in my hometown right now but will need to be back in London tomorrow afternoon for work etc.

The point I was trying to make to you is that if women can get by with just fingering themselves/using vibrators etc. then men can do the equivalent, no? I usually go out (socially) once every 3 months or so - many times when I go out it's usually some kind of business-related/industry-specific event so I don't have much opportunity to meet women in a non-professional sense.

If those men want to pursue women then that is fine but there is a strong likelihood that they may have to deal with things like rejection, infidelity, embarrassment etc. and those aren't things I'd particularly enjoy dealing with.

squish.
    Right... :unsure:

Tbh, I don't think I'd go without sex purely just fingering or using a vibrator.. no where near as fun. You could meet someone at work/uni though surely?

Women enjoy watching the embarrassment though - it's true, sadly

ReputationRep:
    ?? I take it you have heard of the Suffragists and the Suffragettes?

Those statistics were taken from a series of interviews with male and female students who were just about to graduate! Just because loads of male students (relative to female students) may have been wannabe investment bankers doesn't necessarily mean that more men than women were hired by i-banks (although you would expect it to be more male dominant if there were significantly more male than female applicants).

squish.
    I have... although the Pankhursts were Suffragettes if I remember correctly from GCSE History

Which stats? :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elipsis)
    1. Women get custody of children far more than is fair. They can also abort a child, whereas men cannot say they don't want any liability for the child before birth.

2. Civil law does not require the same burden of proof, so women can say whatever they like about men, when it is your word against theirs they will generally be believed.

3. There are reasons why women are paid less. If they worked the same hours, travelled as much, worked in the same amount of danger, and didn't take maternity leave, then they would be paid 127% of a what a man would for the same job.

4. Awww, life is hard. Men on the other hand get conscripted, violence against them is taken less seriously, get their children taken away whilst having to pay for them, get longer prison sentences for the same crime, pay higher insurance premiums, have higher suicide rates, don't have their health concerns adressed (compare prostate cancer with breast cancer), have higher physical entrance exams for things, get placed on the front lines, and get discriminated against in education.
    This x 100.

Men "often" (not always) have worse healthcare, legal status, employment prospects, social status.

Just look at the disgusting thing that is "Selective Service" in America. Every 18+ male is blackmailed into signing what is essentially a contract for conscription otherwise he is refused college loans, a driving licence, he can be fined up to £250,000, imprisoned or have passport revoked. Females over 18 on the otherhand do not have to sign this, and can get university funding straight away.

Feel so sorry for guys over there, essentially having to sign over their bodies to the state just to get equal status to female counterparts.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jacketpotato)
    ??? Please do explain. We have only one female member of the House of Lords - the first one in fact. If anything, it seems to me to be the other way around.

No. It has to be proved beyond reasonable doubt that the woman did not consent. This is extremely difficult to do: rape has extremely low prosecution and conviction rates. Even in a case where the woman slipped in and out of consciousness and couldn't remember anything because she was drunk, the guy said she said yes and didn't get convicted.
    Never said it was easy to convict, but like I said all a woman has to do is say I didn't consent to that and a huge fuss is kicked off.

Sorry for any confusion

ReputationRep:
    City trading is a profession notorious for fostering a 'boys-only' environment where women working within such companies face consistent but low level discrimination. Clients are taken to lap-dancing clubs, or lunches or golf -trips, while the boss neglects to invite the female members of staff. This means women have less opportunity to network and make contacts which puts them at a disadvantage when trying to climb the career ladder. This in turn has lead to a perception that women are not welcome within many City companies, which disuades many women from applying.

ReputationRep:
    I personally believe women were designed for the sole purposes of cooking, cleaning and ironing clothes for the spouse, only. The men were made to conquer, and do pretty much everything else. I don't see this reality being reflected in modern society :no:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thatrollingstone)
    I personally believe women were designed for the sole purposes of cooking, cleaning and ironing clothes for the spouse, only. The men were made to conquer, and do pretty much everything else. I don't see this reality being reflected in modern society :no:
    That's because it's all bull

ReputationRep:
    The reason women do nto do well in trading is because women are a lot less competitive than men and prefer safe and easy jobes, often which involve less working hours and less travel.
    Thats why women are over represented in teaching.

ReputationRep:
    That's because it's all bull
    Perhaps, my dear, but then again, perhaps not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheJudge)
    The reason women do nto do well in trading is because women are a lot less competitive than men and prefer safe and easy jobes, often which involve less working hours and less travel.
    Thats why women are over represented in teaching.
    I think that's a bit generic. If I'm being compared with any of my guy friends I'm clearly more competitive and I would love to be a stock broker thanks very much. I'd enjoy the adrenalin.

ReputationRep:
    Perhaps, my dear, but then again, perhaps not.
    So do you believe that women should be uneducated?

ReputationRep:
    So do you believe that women should be uneducated?
    No, just in the right categories, like cookery and knitting :giggle:

Bah, I'm just being ironic/sarcastic

ReputationRep:
    No, just in the right categories, like cookery and knitting :giggle:

Bah, I'm just being ironic/sarcastic
    :girlhit:

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.