Turn on thread page Beta

Women Make Crappy Musicians watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Think of the greatest composers in history. That's easy. You've got your Mozart and your Beethoven, you've gOt your Bach, but what about the not-so-greats? You could probably do some digging on the Internet-and if you were a woman you could convince a man to do some digging on the Internet and then talk about the results like you knew all of them already.

Here's a good question: If women and men are equal which they're not-then why hasn't there ever been a female Mozart? Why hasn't some little girl ever hopped off her daddy's lap and composed a masterpiece for the ages?.....easy...No such thing as a female genius, women are just average.

The Music you see in the charts by woman, are 3rd class, trashy music.They only got to this level,because some big record company put them there to make a bit of money from other women and horny men who like to watch sexy women in music videos.

Without record company's and their gimmicks women would not dominate music.

A group of men can get together in a garage and write and sing great music on their own. how often do you see women doing this?

All the great, Rock, rap, Soul, classical, ect ect are done by men.

Women always like to use sexism as an excuse for their lack of genius.

ReputationRep:
    Well, I'm sure you'll have fun with your penis buddies.

The best explanation is that men are more likely to deviate from the average than women. Thus, both the most and least intelligent/creative people tend to be men, even if the average man and the average women are roughly equal.

Another factor is that women were very much suppressed until recently, but I don't think that accounts for it all.

ReputationRep:
    That is so unbelievably ignorant. There's an obvious reason for a lack of famous female composers; they weren't allowed to. I'm sure there have been hundreds of great women composers who have simply never got the chance to be heard.

If you maybe broaden your horizons I'm sure you'll find that today there are many incredibly musical women. Hilary Hahn to name but one.

ReputationRep:
    It's not women's fault that Pop music is rubbish, mate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ParadigmShift)
    That is so unbelievably ignorant. There's an obvious reason for a lack of famous female composers; they weren't allowed to. I'm sure there have been hundreds of great women composers who have simply never got the chance to be heard.

If you maybe broaden your horizons I'm sure you'll find that today there are many incredibly musical women. Hilary Hahn to name but one.
    This.

ReputationRep:
    this is retarded, tori amos is the greatest artist ever

ReputationRep:
    There hasn't been a 'female Mozart' because women often didn't receive a suitable education, and then society was prejudiced towards them anyway. And even if they were successful in their day, their success isn't remembered; who in a prejudiced society would write history books about women composers?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr_Mad)

A group of men can get together in a garage and write and sing great music on their own. how often do you see women doing this?

never , but come to think if it i've never seen a group of men doing it either ?

ReputationRep:
    Aretha Franklin.

That's all that needs to be said really.

ReputationRep:
    1. It's much more likely to be due to culture than biology.
    2. Just because in the past men have made more/greater music doesn't mean that will continue, in fact in this case it doesn't even suggest it will at all.
    3. Music in the charts represents a miniscule percentage of music in the world, it's largely irrelevant to this.

ReputationRep:
    :yawn: yeah, okay, whatever.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Indeed.)
    There hasn't been a 'female Mozart' because women often didn't receive a suitable education, and then society was prejudiced towards them anyway. And even if they were successful in their day, their success isn't remembered; who in a prejudiced society would write history books about women composers?
    This.

And it depends on your definition of "musician," you only list composers and "pop stars"-which, as a general rule, although of course not always, are performers not musicians, and being Male or Female makes no difference to that.

How about Classical Musicians? Many of the greatest, most sensitive and musicaly articulate of whom are Women-Jaqueline Du Pre?

I don't know why i'm even responding to this.

ReputationRep:
    This is exactly why people like Virginia Woolf wrote "A Room of One's Own". If women had been given the same equipment/upbringing and independent wealth, and equality, there would have been a female Mozart. You are so ignorant and sexist it is unbelievable. Look at Take That; their music is just as bad as that of Alesha Dixon, but I don't see a thread on here proclaiming men are ***** at 'music'. Go away and shut up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr_Mad)
    Think of the greatest composers in history. That's easy. You've got your Mozart and your Beethoven, you've gOt your Bach, but what about the not-so-greats? You could probably do some digging on the Internet-and if you were a woman you could convince a man to do some digging on the Internet and then talk about the results like you knew all of them already.

Here's a good question: If women and men are equal which they're not-then why hasn't there ever been a female Mozart? Why hasn't some little girl ever hopped off her daddy's lap and composed a masterpiece for the ages?.....easy...No such thing as a female genius, women are just average.

The Music you see in the charts by woman, are 3rd class, trashy music.They only got to this level,because some big record company put them there to make a bit of money from other women and horny men who like to watch sexy women in music videos.

Without record company's and their gimmicks women would not dominate music.

All the great, Rock, rap, Soul, classical, ect ect are done by men.

Women always like to use sexism as an excuse for their lack of genius.
    I love people like you!! Those guys who are willing to spout controversial crap in the hope that one day they'll be noticed!! Well I hope that now you've got a few reactions, you can feel truly appreciated and go on with life, with the belief that someone, somewhere cares

What other ways do you prefer men big boy?

ReputationRep:
    Natasha Kham, Peggy Sue, Emmy the Great, Blue Roses, Those Dancing Days, be your own pet, yeah yeah yeahs!! Do your research to avoid making wild accusations.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Indeed.)
    Mozart is not mozart because he had a great education.

And women of higher social level did have education. men from working class had no education.

Stop talking crap that women were not educated.
    Education was given to people based on class.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oh wow)
    Natasha Kham, Peggy Sue, Emmy the Great, Blue Roses, Those Dancing Days, be your own pet, yeah yeah yeahs!! Do your research to avoid making wild accusations.
    You think these average fools are GREAT MUSICAL GENIUS?
    HAHAHAHAAH

ReputationRep:
    Women have no hands; there's the problem.

Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.