Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I defy anyone to play piano like Fiona Apple. Or sing like her, for that matter. Listen to Sullen Girl and tell me female vox have no depth.

I think we prefer to apply the "genius" tag to men because it's something we associate with men. I don't think that women are creators of less quality than men. Sylvia Plath as a poet outstrips any man. Easily.

ReputationRep:
    It's one thing to say this woman is great and that woman is fanstastic. But they could be exception.

When I always talk about how men are better scientists. People always mention Marie Curie. I always respond So what? For every Marie Curie we've got Isaac Newton,Darwin and Einstein.

Simply put. Woman on average aren't has successful as men. Some can become great but most don't.

ReputationRep:
    If I'm been honest I prefer male voices in music, womens are too high-pitched for my liking.
    I don't own one CD with a woman as the main singer. However, it's everyone to there own I guess Some people will hate the music I love the most.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe because most women musicians get instantly disregarded because of people with opinions like "women make crappy musicians".

ReputationRep:
    OP - Are you gay?

ReputationRep:
    As someone already said, women hardly ever deviate from the average. They have average brains but they seem to work a lot harder than men. Men on the other hand occupy the whole spectrum from genius to complete tard.

ReputationRep:
    Bugger you.

KT Tunstall, Joni Mitchell, Regina Spektor, Edith Piaf, that one from Camera Obscura, The Cardigans, Nina Simone etc. Nothing remotely third-rate there, squire.

Even Lily Allen has her moments.

As for classical composers - that era was dominated by men for social reasons. Today, there are plenty of women composing classical music, and plenty of them are perfectly decent.

ReputationRep:
    I think as a whole it's pretty fair to say women generally aren't as successful in music as men. Sure, there are examples of successful women, but they are the minority and have never reached the 'top level' so to speak. As for the reason to this, who knows?

ReputationRep:
    :rolleyes: Women are crap at everything, apparently.

ReputationRep:
    I understand that Mozart's sister was also a genious in music, but she didn't become well known because she was a woman.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eva2)
    I understand that Mozart's sister was also a genious in music, but she didn't become well known because she was a woman.
    Yes, I mentioned that earlier in the thread :p:

ReputationRep:
    I don't listen to music made by women, their is no emotion, their is no skill... its just crappy music often with a strip routine in the video to it.

Women are not that good at acting, in comedy, in cooking or almost any field which takes a high level of skill...

Men>women.... except in the bedroom

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FormerlyHistoryStudent)
    Yes, I mentioned that earlier in the thread :p:
    My apologies, I didn't read your post.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hunter_killer)
    I don't listen to music made by women, their is no emotion, their is no skill... its just crappy music often with a strip routine in the video to it.

Women are not that good at acting, in comedy, in cooking or almost any field which takes a high level of skill...

Men>women.... except in the bedroom
    Could you be any more sexist than this?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eva2)
    Could you be any more sexist than this?

Don't test me.

I think everyone who is objective realises men out perform women in every field. Its just annoying how i have to listen to so much crappy womens music like girls aloud, pussy cat dolls....

The only bonus is that it reinforces my beleif women are only good for sex and otherwise are pretty worthless.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hunter_killer)
    Don't test me.

I think everyone who is objective realises men out perform women in every field. Its just annoying how i have to listen to so much crappy womens music like girls aloud, pussy cat dolls....

The only bonus is that it reinforces my beleif women are only good for sex and otherwise are pretty worthless.
    Wow, I feel sorry for your partner who has to put up with all of this BS.

Everyone, even the most macho of men, realises that most women are talented at something other than sex and have got potential. If this wasn't the case, how come girls outperform boys in the educational system?

Either that, or:

:troll:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.