Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elfen)
    And what if they ARE guilty, and they get away with it cos of people like you? Then you've got a rapist wandering the streets
    You could say the same thing to every 50/50 case in the UK. Such is the way our legal system works.

ReputationRep:
    Trolls are so boring these days.

ReputationRep:
    If a woman wants to wear a short skirt, go out, get drunk, sleep around, that's great, completely up to her. Doesn't excuse rape though, men should be able to control their own desires.

ReputationRep:
    I misread the title I thought it said rep convictions, and I was going to say "guilty as charged" :yep:
    But seeing as it says rape, I probably won't.

ReputationRep:
    do you know what its like to have someone trying to force you into something you dont want to do? to be pinned down by a guy probably twice your weight? to have some bloke pawing at you???

no...didnt think so...

oh btw, i managed to get away...from my own boyfriend
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Yeh, I'm so sure that 94% of men accused of rape are innocent. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr_Mad)
    Even if all that was true, it's still no excuse for a man taking advantage.[/QUOTE

Men taking advantage? maybe he was drunk too.
    maybe she made the move, maybe she took advantage.
    Is drunken consent considered "ok" by law?

Well if a girl gets that pissed with no one looking after her than I suppose she has led herself into a tricky situation, and if she doesn't know whats going on, well then she is partially to blame.

ReputationRep:
    yeah why dont they just lie in the cave and be thankful they get to gnaw on their bone?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rocious)
    the OP is clearly an ass***** but rape convictions really aren't too lenient at all. lots of people consider it on the same level as murder, which is pretty ******* ridiculous.
    There's a difference between sentencing and convictions. Whatever you believe about sentencing, the fact is that about 95% of people convicted of rape are cleared, and there's no way that 95% are innocent.

Anyway, I don't think we should dignify this idiot with answers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeyd85)
    You could say the same thing to every 50/50 case in the UK. Such is the way our legal system works.
    Is even worse when it's more than 50/50 (70:30) and they get away with it. It's why I don't have any faith in the British legal system (been here, done that, got the T-shirt..and HE got off)

ReputationRep:
    Yes im sick of all the complaining that conviction rates are too low. Rape usually occurs in private, between 2 people. One persons word is not enough (nor should it be) to sentence a man to rape.

ReputationRep:
    Meh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dionysus)
    There's a difference between sentencing and convictions. Whatever you believe about sentencing, the fact is that about 95% of people convicted of rape are cleared, and there's no way that 95% are innocent.

Anyway, I don't think we should dignify this idiot with answers.
    What would you propose then? Changing the whole basis of the legal system so that one persons word is enough to sentence someone? :confused: I really cant see any other way to do it. Other than, of course just sentence men anyway to appease the public.

ReputationRep:
    The OP is a misogynistic ****; let's not entertain him.

And so we begin a multipage thread based off an imbeciles rantings....
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Neo Con)
    Is drunken consent considered "ok" by law?
    Nope. Consent is defined as somebody who has the "freedom, choice and capacity" to make a decision. If you're intoxicated you're also incapacitated and an evidential presumption arises. Basically it's assumed that the rape took place unless the dude can rebut it. PS. OP, you're pretty ignorant, even by troll standards.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by girlmechanik)
    do you know what its like to have someone trying to force you into something you dont want to do? to be pinned down by a guy probably twice your weight? to have some bloke pawing at you???

no...didnt think so...

oh btw, i managed to get away...from my own boyfriend
    I'm really glad you managed to get away from him hon, so many girls in similar situations are not that fortunate :hugs:
    • Section Leader
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Wiki Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    PS Reviewer
    This thread isn't really getting many sensible replies and is getting a lot of insulting and unsuitable posts so I am closing

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 21, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.