Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Help me think of a (plausible) excuse Watch

ReputationRep:
    parents not allowing to leave the house today? always works

ReputationRep:
    why are you all telling her to lie!?!? if your friend finds out you lied, i'd imagine she wouldn't be very happy.

just tell her that you're not really up for it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lady_KaKa)
    Hahaha, I decided it was a bit mean
    I feel deflated. I spent time thinking of witty things to say which you could then sig but now it appears all that effort is wasted. :getmecoat:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Irrelevance)
    I feel deflated. I spent time thinking of witty things to say which you could then sig but now it appears all that effort is wasted. :getmecoat:
    Aww, just give it time and you'll soon feel lots better

ReputationRep:
    Say you're babysitting? And can't get out of it?

ReputationRep:
    Just tell her that you want to get an early night's sleep. Or, you know, the truth.

You spend hours on your hair and make-up?

ReputationRep:
    Link her to this thread. :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    Your mum is sick and you need to take care of her.

Your parents want you to help around the house.

You have a sudden headache.

Or just be honest and say that you don't feel like going out. I thought that was what friends are for - being honest with them and knowing they'll understand you. It's not like you have to be apologetic.

ReputationRep:
    you started playing with your shower head. your clit likes the sensation so you can't stop. maybe another time?

that would work.

ReputationRep:
    Aww, just give it time and you'll soon feel lots better
    I'll take your word for it. To make sure I don't suffer from psychological damage, I'm going to comfort eat as well to reduce the pain.

ReputationRep:
    Only plebs make excuses. If you don't want to go, say it.

Being so scared of another person's reaction to the truth that you're seriously considering reducing yourself to lying is, frankly, unhealthy.

ReputationRep:
    Best bet is just tell the truth, say you don't want to go and don't really know why, or that you just don't feel yourself.

ReputationRep:
    "I can't be arsed" tends to do the trick for me.

ReputationRep:
    Just don't reply to the text and turn your phone off. If she asks later, say your phone went funny and switched itself off.

ReputationRep:
    make her feel guilty and be like i was in the car and got your text ended up crashing the car and now im in ambulance fighting for my life, so might have to give tonight a miss.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L i b)
    Only plebs make excuses. If you don't want to go, say it.

Being so scared of another person's reaction to the truth that you're seriously considering reducing yourself to lying is, frankly, unhealthy.
    Oh dear, who on earth says "pleb" nowadays?!

ReputationRep:
    Oh dear, who on earth says "pleb" nowadays?!
    Me, evidently. Seems to fit the context rather well, if I do say so my self.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Irrelevance)
    I'll take your word for it. To make sure I don't suffer from psychological damage, I'm going to comfort eat as well to reduce the pain.
    Well the next time I see her being nasty to someone, I will consider bringing it back

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.