Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Family stealing my money-what do I do? Watch

Dont know if this is in the right place. Anon/delete.

My money keeps disappearing. I know for a fact someone is stealing it, I put £20 in the purse I wasnt using to save it. I left it on the sofa last night, came down this morning and its gone. Ask if anyones borrowed it and they all say no.

This happenns ALOT.
    It happenned a few weeks ago, left £20 in my bag, gone the next day. I know I've not spent it because I hadnt been out.
    It used to happenn a few months ago, I knew it my sister because she would go and look for it in another room and come back with, every time. Without fail.

What do I do!?!?!?!!?

ReputationRep:
    hide it.

or take the money out of your purse and take it to bed with you, leave a note in the purse saying

"try it again and ill deck u u thieving ****, im your sister/brother for ***** sake"

dunno what else to be honest lol

ReputationRep:
    Pawn all the stuff in the house to the value of what you have had stolen.

ReputationRep:
    Your own family stealing from you, thats pretty low. I would confront them about it, and then make sure you hide your money in future so they can't get their grubby mits on it.

Honestly, some people.

The value is like £200 or more now :mad:

ReputationRep:
    I was in the same situation as you. My boyfriend and I were saving money for our gap year in a large pot in my room (that was well hidden, and we wrote down every time we put money in) and over 4-5 months £600 went missing.

At first we thought we had somehow miscalculated but eventually it got too much and I told my mum about it. After a bit of investigation we found out that the daughter of a very close family friend had been taking it and we sat down calmly and talked about it. She is now gradually paying us back.

I would suggest you do the same sort of thing. you could make marks on your money and photograph it, then leave it somewhere it might be taken and see what happens.

Ask your parents if you can get the whole family to sit down and calmly explain the situation?

ReputationRep:
    Like said hide it and keep it with you

I thought that keeping it my handbag in my room would be keeping it with me enough but obviously not.
    I have confronted my sister, I know she's lying, but she denies it all the time even though she gets the same amount of money as me.

ReputationRep:
    Bank account? Debit card? Don't leave cash lying around.

I have a bank account and debit card but my dad has been using the account so I cant even keep track of the money I had in there. He's doing it aswell, he said he gave me £60 and put it in my account so I checked it and he hadnt, but he denied it and said he did. ******* annoying.

ReputationRep:
    Put your purse somewhere you can film it. then show the police the tape and get your family arrested. Job done!

ReputationRep:
    Film the *****.

ReputationRep:
    Is it all your family or just your sister?

(Original post by khalaf)
    Is it all your family or just your sister?

My sister and possibly father.

Fine your dad's using your bank account either tell him to open his or go and open a savings account.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    My sister and possibly father.
    Just put it anywhere they won't look..A locker at school or work that only you can open maybe? You should definitely confront your dad if you think he's stealing your money and If you're sure it's them then you can always try steal your money back :smile:

ReputationRep:
    steal it back and mark all your notes but don't leave anything lying around as clearly it's just become an open invitation for free money. Perhaps wait 'til everyone's together and casually mention how skint you are and that you're having major debt issues. Or that 20quid went from your purse and you were wondering if someone borrowed it meaning to put it back??

Might be worth a try...

He has one, it's just its too basic to do the thing he's doing with mine. So I took most of money out and thats why it's being stolen from the house.

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

In the UK we have these large, long standing and historic establishments called Bank accounts. If your dad is using yours, simply open a new savings account. Have a secure pin number and keep your card with you. Your money will be as safe as Northern Rock before the global recession

ReputationRep:
    Hide it.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 25, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.