Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

im so annoyed im too skinny! its really started to get me down, my bones stick out and people comment. I just feel so unattractive an it sucks because i eat so much, i eat when i dont feel like like it alot aswell to try and put on weight, ive even stopped exercising but i cant seem to put weight on.Really getting me down, doesnt help that because of the way my weight is distrubted no fat goes to like my collar bone/rib cage making me look ill! dont know what i want writing here, just hoping to here from some girls than can empathise maybe

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    im so annoyed im too skinny! its really started to get me down, my bones stick out and people comment. I just feel so unattractive an it sucks because i eat so much, i eat when i dont feel like like it alot aswell to try and put on weight, ive even stopped exercising but i cant seem to put weight on.Really getting me down, doesnt help that because of the way my weight is distrubted no fat goes to like my collar bone/rib cage making me look ill! dont know what i want writing here, just hoping to here from some girls than can empathise maybe
    I know exactly how you feel and all I can say is that it gets better. I've always been the thin lanky girl who's a stick and everyone makes comments about me "breaking".

I can't explain how important it is for you to build up confidence in yourself because it makes everything. I have zero self esteem but as soon as you come to terms with the fact that your weight is genetic and it's how you're meant to be things will start to be alot easier.

I myself have an incredibly small frame for my height which means that putting on weight for me is almost impossible eve when I eat alot and when I do put it on it mainly goes on my hips leaving my ribs and collar bones sticking out.

Last summer I was really depressed about my weight but I've come to terms with it and I feel alot more comfortable in myself which has made me generally happier. I still have major appearance issues but my only advice is eat as much as you're comfortable with or you could eat so much you get sick.

What you should try to do is remain healthy: don't binge on food and exercise still - hopefully you can put on some muscles and this will help make you feel better about your appearance.

you should also try to learn to dress to suit your body shape and this will make you feel more comfortable yourself and comfortable with others.

+ if people are making fun of you because of your weight and appearance they're not nice people. disassociate yourself from them in any and everyway possible - it will make you feel alot better in the long run.

ReputationRep:
    i am in the same situation, people always comment on me being anorexic, and i'm very easy to break, and that wind can blow me upside down bla bla bla.

and i know its a bit depressing,but there is nothing that you can do about it.

jus keep in mind that your lucky and alot of people would kill to be you! you cannot imagine wht peple go through to loose weight.

i was thinking about a visit to a doctor would be helpful, he might give me some vitamins or something

Anyways, as you grow up your metabolism goes down , so you will get fat don't worry!

but i think as long as your physically healthy, (like your not very weak, and you don't pass out all the time) and you get your periods regularly then your okay.!
    and you will be surprised how many guys love petite girls =D
    you just have to learn how to be comfortable with the way you look.
    good luck

ReputationRep:
    Then do it properly, put on muscle rather than fat. You'll look 1000 times better for it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Yes I can empathise! I feel exactly the same. I don't have much confidence in myself because of it, it gets me down too! I'm quite tall too, so it's not just a case of petite and thin with me. My boyfriend says he likes me how I am, but I would love to put on some weight. Have thought about going to the gym, doing some running etc to build up muscles. Glad I'm not the only one feeling like this!

ReputationRep:
    Start writing down what you eat and count the calories. If you don't put any weight on increase your calorie intake. Repeat until you start putting weight on. If you want to be more specific then you can count protein, carb and fat consumption as well. Do a little research and work out what will be best for your aims. I would suggest you start exercising again, otherwise all the weight you put on will be fat and when you do start exercising again you will lose some of the fat due to the exercise.

What is a typical diet for a day and how much do you weight atm?

ReputationRep:
    maybe protein shakes? then you could like build up muscle?
    i dont actually know, but it could be worth a try?

I wouldn't let it get you down though, if you eat loads then this is obviously the natural healthy weight for you (might not be healthy for some people). But as someone else has said, think that your lucky! :P im trying to loose weight and its so hard! I'd love to be naturally slim!
    x

ReputationRep:
    Ohh wow me too, so desperately, I'm a size 6, 5'2, I don't really want to say how much I weigh because it's depressing. I eat crazy amounts but I don't put on weight, it is very depressing. I get so many of the 'oh you're so skinny, I feel like I'm going to break you' blah blah blah ****** comments, it used to really get to me. I know I'm skinny but I don't look anorexic so it used to **** me off when retarded people would ask me that. Now I've gotten to a point where I'm like **** it. I've seen what people do to themselves to get skinny and I'm happy that I don't need to bother with any of that. I'm skinny, deal with it.

ReputationRep:
    could be an underlying medical condition. Go and see your GP to see if your metabolic functions are normal.
    If all is ok, you could think about starting some sort of weight/resistance based training to help put more muscle on your frame, which would naturally increase your weight (muscle weighs lot more than fat).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mimbobanage)
    Ohh wow me too, so desperately, I'm a size 6, 5'2, I don't really want to say how much I weigh because it's depressing. I eat crazy amounts but I don't put on weight, it is very depressing. I get so many of the 'oh you're so skinny, I feel like I'm going to break you' blah blah blah ****** comments, it used to really get to me. I know I'm skinny but I don't look anorexic so it used to **** me off when retarded people would ask me that. Now I've gotten to a point where I'm like **** it. I've seen what people do to themselves to get skinny and I'm happy that I don't need to bother with any of that. I'm skinny, deal with it.
    I was about to write pretty much exactly that. I hate it when people say 'you look anorexic' or 'you look like you could snap' and that kind of thing, I don't go up to fat people and tell them they look obese or they look like they're going to burst or whatever.
    Depending on how old you are you could have some more growing to do which might mean your weight evens out a bit more. Don't overeat loads to put on weight because you could end up making yourself ill. Just eat well and do exercise to build up muscle. But everyone has a different natural figure, best thing you can do is learn to deal with it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XDaydreamer)
    I was about to write pretty much exactly that. I hate it when people say 'you look anorexic' or 'you look like you could snap' and that kind of thing, I don't go up to fat people and tell them they look obese or they look like they're going to burst or whatever.
    Depending on how old you are you could have some more growing to do which might mean your weight evens out a bit more. Don't overeat loads to put on weight because you could end up making yourself ill. Just eat well and do exercise to build up muscle. But everyone has a different natural figure, best thing you can do is learn to deal with it.
    I'm 19 so not really growing anymore >< I do need to start eating a bit more healthy since my diet was aimed at fatty stuff to put on weight. I know what you mean about saying stuff to obese people why is it acceptable to say it to a skinny person?!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 21, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.