Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I really want a couple of microdermal piercings, one on my arm and nape.

Does anyone have any experience with these, or general opinions on them?

Wrist;

Nape;

I like these because I think they are so pretty and I don't want any piercings in my face or ears.

I'm off to work until ten, so if I don't reply until late, I'm not being rude
    Thanks
    x

ReputationRep:
    I lost all sensations in my toes when I saw those pictures. They look really awkward (and painful).

I think ear piercings/face piercings are okay. Piercings on the neck aren't. They just look... wrong.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by It'sLauren.)
    I like these because I think they are so pretty and I don't want any piercings in my face or ears.

I'm off to work until ten, so if I don't reply until late, I'm not being rude
    Thanks
    x
    These usually stay in better than surface piercings. If you want to get them removed you have to have the metal which is in bedded into the skin so you can screw the top on, surgically cut out at an advanced piercing studio. it hurts you get no anesthetic. Not to mention they cut your skin and slide them in to inplant them in the first place. This method is relatively new and has not been tried and tested, you will be left with a scar and getting one on your arm is a bad idea as its so prone to knocks or it could get torn out. Personally I think it looks silly if there is just one and they look more attractive in pairs. There is quite a high success rate with microdermals, i would not recommend a surface piercing as there is a high rejection rate with these.

ReputationRep:
    I know a girl that had the nape of her neck pierced and she said it fell out after a few weeks/months (I'm not sure) so she had it pierced again.

Personally I don't really like piercings in those places, but if you think it's worth it then, go for it!

ReputationRep:
    You'd have to give me at least £1000 to do that.
    Isn't there a high chance of the body rejecting it, or it falling out or getting lost under the skin , horrible.

ReputationRep:
    Ears, nose and bellybutton are the only peircings i would ever go for

ReputationRep:
    they look NASTY...

ReputationRep:
    I think they look quite revolting.

ReputationRep:
    I've only ever seen one of those in real life. Dermals are really sore and if you eventually decide you want to remove them, they need to be cut out.
    That being said, they're not that common and I quite like the look of them. They do get infected easily though which doesn't look so good.

ReputationRep:
    They are pretty damn cool.

ReputationRep:
    I personally quite like them, but they're just so impractical. I could never get them, I have a fear of things like that being torn out :pinch: *cringe*

ReputationRep:
    I had my nape pierced and it was awesome, highly recommend it :yes:

ReputationRep:
    From what I understand theres far less chance of rejection and thus severe scaring.
    The nape one looks slightly odd though, like a spot.

ReputationRep:
    I really really really really really dislike dermals. I worked with a girl who had dermals once and she always had a problem with at least one of them. I also have a friend of a friend who is in the same situation. Could just be bad luck/cleanliness. They look quite ugly as well IMO.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TKC)
    You'd have to give me at least £1000 to do that.
    Isn't there a high chance of the body rejecting it, or it falling out or getting lost under the skin , horrible.
    No, no and no to put it simply.

The problem is that the flesh actually grows into, and around the bar, which means that removing them is painful, expensive, and difficult. Wrist piercings are also a definite pain in the arse, simply because they can be pulled and take ages to heal because of the constant strain. Plus, it's going to be on show pretty constantly, which isn't very professional.

I'm thinking of a microdermal on the back of my neck too, but not sure I want it there permanently. I might just get a surface bar, and see how that goes first; that way I can take it out if I decide I don't like it!

ReputationRep:
    I don't like them in random places. I think the idea is ok, I know they have to be cut out if you want it removed but I have millions of scars just from being clumsy, not to mention the one where I have my contraceptive implant in... So a litle scar wouldn't put me off. I just think they can look a bit... clumsy. I would have to think carefully where to have one if I had it. I'd have it in a place where it isn't likely to get caught, doesn't look like a little dot on a big area of skin, and possibly have more than one so it actually looks intentional. For example, I've seen one incorporated into a very pretty tattoo... obviously I wouldn't go out and have a tattoo just for that reason! Hmm, I don't know. I like the idea, just not sure about places it would definitely look good!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shorty.loves.angels)
    I'd have it in a place where it isn't likely to get caught, doesn't look like a little dot on a big area of skin, and possibly have more than one so it actually looks intentional. For example, I've seen one incorporated into a very pretty tattoo... obviously I wouldn't go out and have a tattoo just for that reason! Hmm, I don't know. I like the idea, just not sure about places it would definitely look good!
    I've been thinking about all of this. I thought with the nape I could get two or three at the top of my spine. Also, if I wanted I could get a tattoo, for example a star, around it so it wouldn't look so random/like dirt/or a mole.
    x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by It'sLauren.)
    I've been thinking about all of this. I thought with the nape I could get two or three at the top of my spine. Also, if I wanted I could get a tattoo, for example a star, around it so it wouldn't look so random/like dirt/or a mole.
    x
    That's quite good actually because that way you have options Maybe start of with the one, add another if it would look suitable and then when you want to 'upgrade' you have a few possibilities to choose from

I don't know if I'd like one there on me, but more because of the feeling than how it looks :p:

Let me know how it goes if/when you get it :yep:

ReputationRep:
    it makes me cringe...but so do all peircings.

I had one on my chest. It was really sore and it looked silly when I wore tight t-shirts. Had it cut out.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.