The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
i have a surface piercing on the nape of my neck and i LOVE it
i've had it for about a year now and i've had no problems with it what so ever
i prefer having a surface piercing to a dermal piercing because i guess i like the fact i can take it out whenever i want, not that i've ever actually taken my neck one out.
a word of warning though, i had my wrist done and it was an absolute annoyance, got caught on everything (especially when with the boyfriend) and after about 4 weeks it ended up getting infected and i had to take it out.
i also like the fact that with surface piercings there is two balls, think it looks a bit less random that way
so yeah, overall i would seriously recommend a nape surface piercing, i've had no problem with mine and i've never caught it on anything, i love it to pieces :smile:
good luck!
It'sLauren.
I really want a couple of microdermal piercings, one on my arm and nape.

I have one on my chest, I've had it about 7-8 months and it started to reject a few weeks ago. It's not sitting flat against my skin any more, one side is horribly raised and it's really sore and red. It's on show all the time unless I wear high necked t-shirts.

I will be removing it myself shortly when I can muster up the courage :p: They're definitely nowhere near as permanent as people think.
i think they're quite ugly and i definitely wouldn't get one. although that said, i know someone who has one in the middle of a little star tattoo and it actually looks ok.. looks a bit less random than it just being there.
ears and tongue fine, but wrist! no thanks!
Reply 24
i like them. different :smile: my friends had several, including nape, took months to heal properly but when it did, looked brilliant!
Reply 25
I wanted both of those done at one point, doubles on both.
But, after seeing at least 10 people with those piercing, I'd never do it, especially the wrist piercings, because I'm yet to see one that doesn't look extremely sore, and that doesn't catch on clothes :frown:
Reply 26
I really like microdermals and surface piercings, I have no personal experience with either but it seems to me that the latter would be likely to reject more easily..thought possibly slightly less of a hassle to have done in the first place. I don't know, just an assumption really!

Latest

Trending

Trending