Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:

Alright pals! I was just wondering if anyone has any additional information to give me about applying for accommodation in Edinburgh Napier (I currently have a conditional offer studying journalism, the course starts 7th of september I think) - What I've heard so far is that you can only apply for accommodation pending your A level results, this based on if you are applying through the university which I am, due to how you need a 'Matriculation Number' to apply through the website. My problems are, I am pretty sure you are only given a Matriculation Number once you are enrolled into the University, so this must mean I enroll on the phone and obtain this number, otherwise this means I would be needing an accommodation to go and get my Matriculation Number which probably wouldn't work out too well!
    Secondly, even if it is that you can apply as soon as you get your results, which is on the 20th of August, the deadline to apply is the 24th, which gives me only 4 days to find an accommodation, and pay the £800 deposit which is needed, and surely there will be a huge surge of students wanting to do this over these 4 days making it a lot harder/longer to do, so this musn't be right? So if anyone has heard anything and I'm just talking gravy would you help me please .

On a completely different topic, does anyone know what the nightlife is like in Edinburger, and if there are any good clubs and shizz? Thanks x

ReputationRep:
    I'm at Napier at the moment...well was(taking a year out due to health stuff...neway)my matric number was on my offer it was called Napier number though. As for applying for accomodation, I stayed at home but a girl I got talking to before I started(I applied through clearing)stayed in halls and it all got sorted pretty quickly so you should be fine =)

As for nightlife...no idea lol never went out in the BUrgh due to being ill =( but it's not too bad apparently

AJxx

ReputationRep:
    Oh okay, thanks a lot pal. I guess I'll just wait then untill I get my results and stuff! And that's terrible you got ill, iI hope your better now and if not get better fast and have a good life! Thanks anyways x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bzand1)
    Oh okay, thanks a lot pal. I guess I'll just wait then untill I get my results and stuff! And that's terrible you got ill, iI hope your better now and if not get better fast and have a good life! Thanks anyways x
    I'm going Napier from England too, it's a farce that you can't even apply before you get your results on the 20th isnt it.

As far as i'm aware you decide which hall you want to go on off the website pictures and you'll have a choice of 2 of the 5 halls they have as 1's for nurses, another for older students and another for group applications...

Upon deciding which one you want, you ring up on the day of gaining the grades and ask for the hall of your choice and then give over your bank details to complete the transaction.

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys just to clear up some of your questions.

On 20th August, your results come out and you confirm your place on your course at Edinburgh Napier University.
    You should then apply online as soon as possible at: http://www.napier.ac.uk/napierlife/a...mmodation.aspx

You have until midday on 24th August to apply and pay to be guaranteed a place in student accommodation, provided you meet the eligible criteria. The process will be very quick so you should check your emails regularly.

For more information check out the website referred to above.

Another note, nightlife is em.... immense. Student club nights on most nights of the week, after all there are 4 universities and numerous colleges around the city. Ask your senior resident for more tips and advice on where to go.

P.S. Napier is on facebook!

ReputationRep:
    I put off my studying at Napier until this year (half way through the first year, in around December) and I was doing Journalism, so, I have nothing to say about accommodation, but hello! I'm trying to sort stuff out at the minute at the Uni seem to have messed a few things up and my "yes, come back!" has turned into a "oh, well, go waste some time for a year and come back". Hmmph.

ReputationRep:
    Am fae Glasgow and will be gawn in tae 2nd year at Edinburgh. The nightlife is nuhin special few good bars and clubs. Theres certain places a avoid like Why Not, its full a the snooty nosed sort.

ReputationRep:
    No way are you joking! Edinburgh is much better to go out in than Glasgow, i'm moving to Edinburgh for my first year to study Law, Glasgow is averagy but Edinburgh is great especially if you know where to go!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Salouca)
    Edinburgh is much better to go out in than Glasgow
    That made me laugh. The atmosphere is ***** in Edinburgh, its nothing compared to Glasgow. All the banterful nights av had have all been in Glasgow. Edinburgh is far too airy fairy for me, its nothing exciting and most of the burds are unobtainable even wae ma Glaswegian charm!

ReputationRep:
    WhyNot? is a weird place. Full of proper wanabe WAG's.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.