Turn on thread page Beta

Big red inflamed spot watch

Yeah, I'm on treatment for very mild chin acne, barely any spots now. I've been taking Doxycycline for about a month now and using Zineryt forever, as well as using face steam and masks every other day.

But yeah anyway, I've got a big ol' red inflammation on the side of my chin, and have no idea how to get rid of it (obviously being patient would help but I'd rather get rid of it as quick as poss). I can't cover it up with make up due to parts of it being dry even after moisturising and I wondered if you had any tips?

I heard using ice cubes works but I'd rather get advice.

Thanks in advance

ReputationRep:
    ice cubes might help, i've occasionally been using ibuprofen gel, on the real whoppers..but i don't know how good that is medically!! Yes ice may help to reduce the swelling, as will keeping it clean, don't put make up over it, just leave it be, don't pop it, just leave it and let nature take its natural course

ReputationRep:
    Id advice against using doxycycline, you'll get the acne again quickly after some time of clearing and one of the side effects which i suffered from taking it was permanent teeth discoluration..

(Original post by Subcutaneous)
    ice cubes might help, i've occasionally been using ibuprofen gel, on the real whoppers..but i don't know how good that is medically!! Yes ice may help to reduce the swelling, as will keeping it clean, don't put make up over it, just leave it be, don't pop it, just leave it and let nature take its natural course
    Thanks, yeah I've heard about Ibuprofen Gel I shall try it out.

Any way to reduce it dramatically by Friday night? :o:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Thanks, yeah I've heard about Ibuprofen Gel I shall try it out.

Any way to reduce it dramatically by Friday night? :o:

do the things i said asap, and you should be ok by friday tbh, my spots tend to only last 2-3 days max, but i don't have acne though

Thanks again.
    It's gone right down now, it's just gone reaaaally dry, sort of 'scabby' I guess.
    Mega moisturise and touch of mineral make up later should do the trick I recon.

ReputationRep:
    Moisturising foundation matching your normal foundation as concealer! Lifesaver. Well, looks at any rate. It stops that dry flaky look you can get sometimes when the dead skin absorbs makeup, and it wears off more around it. Plus my moisturising foundation's thicker, so it stays on better and hides more. I get it just from tesco's own. Fiverish a pot. Toothpaste really helps as well. I must be one of the few people who actually tried that. I use it as facewash before my actual facewash, if i've got a general wet-type breakout.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 24, 2009
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.