Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

this is what me and my boyfriend do-is it weird? what kind of things do YOU do? Watch

[QUOTE=bananaslug77]A lot of the time we also turn off all the lights in my room and lay side by side under my duvet and compare all the little things we notice that no one else does - like today I told him how I noticed on the front of the desks on that quiz show QI, they have the Golden Ratio painted on it (these boxes that divide each other by a ratio of 1.618 and have a spiral running through them), and he said he noticed it, too - he is the first person I have spoken to who has seen it. QUOTE]

that sounds really cool and imaginative. i might consider doing something like that because i think he'll like it. what other stuff do you "compare"? do you ever analyse famous quotes/lyrics?
    someone mentioned cooking - what kind of things do you cook? is it a full meal or is it like cakes?

ReputationRep:
    Your boyfriend sounds awesome.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    we've been going out for over a year, it has been on and off but when im with him i couldnt imagine myself with anyone else.

we'll have the evenings where he'll bring round a compilation cd of different composers. we play word games (sort of like scrabble) but he starts the sentence and i have to finish it until we've got to a conclusion. i have a whole scrap book full of words/sentences/stories/poems which we've done together while playing this game.
    we dont use facebook or msn so its more face-to face with everything that we do.

when i'm round his house (he has a swimming pool and an indoor gym) he wakes me up at 6 to play badminton and then we go swimming.

i have a play house in my garden which no-one uses and for some reason he's always loved the idea of us having sex in there. we play role play games where im a cafe lady and hes a customer; i serve him tea and we eat cookies. other days he brings up the idea of us dressing in toga and he buys wine.

I know this isn't the "average" thing that people in relationships do today and i guess thats why ive never had the guts to tell anyone what we really get up to. I say it's the normal "watching a film on his sofa" but its never like that. We have so much fun dressing up before we have sex, like he puts on a pair pink bunny ears and I wear fairy wings. It's so much fun but people think its weird. I hear people go on about playing wii and xbox and arguing on facebook. he doesnt like facebook so I never use it.

What kind of things do you do with your partner?
    I wouldn't worry about weirdness... it sounds like the two of you have a great time together...

Thinking about it, if there were camera's recording me and my gf and the weird things we get up too I'm fairly certain we'd get sectioned!!

My only concern is if he's controlling you.. see the bit in BOLD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Antonia87)
    Well last weekend I let a bloke scratch and slap me until he drew blood. Now I'm covered in bruises. And he has a fascination with Nazism so he drew swaztikas on my inner thighs.
    haha thats ******* weird

ReputationRep:
    don't worry, from what you say, that sounds normal and a lot of fun =) you, lucky girl =)

ReputationRep:
    Well last weekend I let a bloke scratch and slap me until he drew blood. Now I'm covered in bruises. And he has a fascination with Nazism so he drew swaztikas on my inner thighs.
    The nazism part makes the whole BDSM thing seem more serious and sinister when you describe it. Did it feel like that at the time?

ReputationRep:
    sounds very strange.

ReputationRep:
    who cares if its normal or wierd - just go for it and enjoy it

ReputationRep:
    'tis cute, not weird!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abhead)
    The nazism part makes the whole BDSM thing seem more serious and sinister when you describe it. Did it feel like that at the time?
    No it was completely light hearted. We were giggling throughout cos it was just so ridiculous.

ReputationRep:
    No it was completely light hearted. We were giggling throughout cos it was just so ridiculous.
    Ok then, that sounds better than what i was picturing.

ReputationRep:
    Ok then, that sounds better than what i was picturing.
    Yeah he's not strange or anything. When he drew a swastika on me I said "What the sad hell are you doing?" and he said "I dont even know!"

ReputationRep:
    Yeah he's not strange or anything. When he drew a swastika on me I said "What the sad hell are you doing?" and he said "I dont even know!"
    I reckon I would be majorly put off if my boyfriend started bringing nazi symbolism into our sexlife, even if he did claim not to know what he was doing. I'm down with bondage and spanking and scratching and the rest of it though, as long as it isn't anything too extreme and I can hide the bruises. I bruise like a peach, even if it doesn't hurt very much.

ReputationRep:
    I reckon I would be majorly put off if my boyfriend started bringing nazi symbolism into our sexlife, even if he did claim not to know what he was doing. I'm down with bondage and spanking and scratching and the rest of it though, as long as it isn't anything too extreme and I can hide the bruises. I bruise like a peach, even if it doesn't hurt very much.
    Mmmmm..... pain :whip:

ReputationRep:
    As long as you two have fun, then you get up to whatever you want!

ReputationRep:
    heya, me and my partner do things like playing monopoly (i know i know) and watching film marathons, also we have naked wrestling in bed ) he works all week so we only have time together at weekends and evenings, im very much a fan of what ever floats ur boat )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emilina)
    lol wish me and my bf did that much! sounds like fun :teeth:

we just watch films, go out wandering round town, go swimming, cooking that sort of thing :dontknow:
    Like wise with me, makes it sound so boring doesn't it, yet I still always have so much fun, call it good company if you will

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DarylAnne)
    heya, me and my partner do things like playing monopoly (i know i know) and watching film marathons, also we have naked wrestling in bed ) he works all week so we only have time together at weekends and evenings, im very much a fan of what ever floats ur boat )
    Haha me and my boyf play monopoly we feel like such dorks but I love it :P and he gets mad if I buy all the houses, we also play on the xbox together *cringe*, I guess its down to personal taste and personality asto what couples get upto.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pan's-Labyrinth)
    Haha me and my boyf play monopoly we feel like such dorks but I love it :P and he gets mad if I buy all the houses, we also play on the xbox together *cringe*, I guess its down to personal taste and personality asto what couples get upto.

lmao, yeah were the same, we will be sitting on the sofa with nowt on tv and then one of us will pipe up 'monopoly?' lol feels so old couply but like u say its whatever ur into, we did jigsaws aswell once lol now thats dorky, took us 3 evenings and we framed them to go in our new place........ its a secret tho, were secretly a 90 year old couple lol :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I hear people go on about playing wii and xbox and arguing on facebook.
    This is what most people do.

I'm happy for you and your bf, it sounds like you do some cool stuff.

I'm single but I've been with a girl before, and some of the most fun things I'd like doing with her is cooking complicated meals, making dens in the woods, sitting in fields...
    Oh and I did see another girl for a little while and my very favourite memory from her was when we had this box of trivia cards and we took turns asking each other the questions, and kept scores. It was eversuch fun!

I do use Facebook and msn, but I hate them really, and I would actually much prefer to conduct a relationship with a girl completely without them. By that I mean not actually talking and having converations there. Using them for quick messages like arranging when to meet, is ok.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 2, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.