Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi since last night I have been experiencing the odd stabbing pain in my lower left chest. It is very sharp just at the bottom of my ribs - it will come for about 20 seconds and then go away. It's happened about 5 times since last night and it's a bit worrying. My shoulder and neck are also hurting since last night.

What could it be? Is it something serious? I'm kind of scared because obviously it's near my heart.. don't think it's a heart attack or anything because I'd be dead by now..

ReputationRep:
    i'm surprised you're still alive tbh

ReputationRep:
    I had this.
    Persisted for months so i went to the doctor; turned out i had a heart murmur and my valves wern't closing properly. Wasn't serious though, apparently a lot of people have it.

ReputationRep:
    Is your right chest OK?

ReputationRep:
    Maybe it's this?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Precordial_catch_syndrome

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AshleyT)
    I had this.
    Persisted for months so i went to the doctor; turned out i had a heart murmur and my valves wern't closing properly. Wasn't serious though, apparently a lot of people have it.
    That doesn't sound very nice..I had a heart murmur when I was younger but they said it had cleared up..

I don't want to go to the doctors, I always feel as though I'm wasting their time and I get the impression that they think I am as well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by johnbrown)
    That doesn't sound very nice..I had a heart murmur when I was younger but they said it had cleared up..

I don't want to go to the doctors, I always feel as though I'm wasting their time and I get the impression that they think I am as well
    Well if it persists for a few days i suggest you make the appointment. You don't, a few months down the line want to find out it's something serious that could have been prevented if you acted sooner .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CapturedSoul)
    Maybe it's this?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Precordial_catch_syndrome
    Oh maybe, I hope so that doesn't sound scary. Maybe the neck and shoulder pain is unrelated

ReputationRep:
    I've been experiencing a sharp pain on my left chest for months lately too. I keep hoping it would just go away but it hasn't so maybe today or tomorrow I would have it checked.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 4, 2009
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.