The Student Room Group

Girls. The approach.

No, I'm not a pedo! :p: I'm 16, like.

Last week, I went to town after a good while and saw, loads, loads of girls I found attractive. (at the mall especially)

However, being with friends and all, I chose not to try to talk to any of them. Also, I'm not 13 anymore, so walking up to random girls and talking to them doesn't really seem as cute as it did then.

I'm confident enough (see: walking up to random girls a few lines before) to make a conversation but I don't want to sound creepy or anything. It has happened to me before that a girl thought I was weird...many times actually. I was always lucky though, since we kept on talking. Apparently because I was interesting enough. Does this mean girls, in general, think I'm weird in a good way? :p:

So, how should I go about in approaching them? I guess I should do that myself. Are there any of the so-called 'subtle hints' I should pick up before doing anything? Like if she smiled first or something.

Also, how should I deal with the most-dreaded groups! :p: I hate it, really hate it when I see a good looking girl with her little group of friends - it's annoying.

Advice please! :yes:

Thank you!
Offer them candy
DAFS mate, christ.
If they´re under 16 you´re a pedo
Reply 4
Lol, is that you in you're avatar? They may think you're a bit weird yes
Reply 5
try and think of something relavent to you both of your situations...eg if your in the mall, instead of just going up and saying "hi, bla bla"...go up and ask them a question like "oh, hi, do you know where blah blah shop is, is it any good?" something they can respond to and just banter from there. women looooove giving their opinions on stuff, especially shops and clothes!
Reply 6
samjoe
try and think of something relavent to you both of your situations...eg if your in the mall, instead of just going up and saying "hi, bla bla"...go up and ask them a question like "oh, hi, do you know where blah blah shop is, is it any good?" something they can respond to and just banter from there. women looooove giving their opinions on stuff, especially shops and clothes!

Yep, but my problem is definitely not about find a topic of conversation. It's more of a: I can't get myself to go talk to the girl and I wonder what she may think and by the time I've evaluated a dozen choices and their possible outcomes, she's already lost in the depths of the mall. -_-

I think too much?

I dunno. I need help with this one.

Byllie

You sir are quite the beautiful man, if I may.
Reply 7
Sincerity?
Yep, but my problem is definitely not about find a topic of conversation. It's more of a: I can't get myself to go talk to the girl and I wonder what she may think and by the time I've evaluated a dozen choices and their possible outcomes, she's already lost in the depths of the mall. -_-

I think too much?

yeh im at about that stage right now, i was definitely too much of a thinker, but really you know you just have to approach AS SOON AS that comes into your head. I found going out with a mate who had the same goals in mind helps, cos they help pressure you into just going for it.

also, dont give a **** whether she likes you or not, a "rejection" isnt a failure, its a lesson, and you get better every time.
Reply 8
You're very young looking, quite boyish. That could put a lot of girls off.
Reply 9
samjoe
yeh im at about that stage right now, i was definitely too much of a thinker, but really you know you just have to approach AS SOON AS that comes into your head. I found going out with a mate who had the same goals in mind helps, cos they help pressure you into just going for it.

also, dont give a **** whether she likes you or not, a "rejection" isnt a failure, its a lesson, and you get better every time.

Thank you, young (let's just all agree on that, for now) man. Now that's one thing taken care of, unless someone has anything better...which I, of course, will be glad to read. :smile:

To the other myth now - the cutest girl of the lot, who of course is, surrounded by a bunch of a halfwits, who are programmed to either giggle at something you say or, surprise surprise, something you don't say. What should I do about this?
Reply 10
300mg
You're very young looking, quite boyish. That could put a lot of girls off.

Hmm. Noted. I always had the impression the majority preferred the emos and the, erm, men, proper men much unlike my lanky self.
Sincerity?

So, how should I go about in approaching them? I guess I should do that myself. Are there any of the so-called 'subtle hints' I should pick up before doing anything? Like if she smiled first or something.

if she smiles at you then you know your on to a winner , if she looks at you like your something she's stepped in then i think it's safe to say don't bother

:-)

just beee yourself .
Reply 12
Sincerity?
Thank you, young (let's just all agree on that, for now) man. Now that's one thing taken care of, unless someone has anything better...which I, of course, will be glad to read. :smile:

To the other myth now - the cutest girl of the lot, who of course is, surrounded by a bunch of a halfwits, who are programmed to either giggle at something you say or, surprise surprise, something you don't say. What should I do about this?

your definately gonna need a wingman for this, make sure he's prepared to "take one for the team", meaning let him talk to her other friends who you dont like. basically the wingmans job is to distract the other girls who will try and cockblock you if your going for the main prize.

if your approaching alone, you gotta make sure you talk to her mates more at first (sounds counter-intuitive i know) cos then theyre less likely to try and cockblock you and way more likely to actually encourage her to go for you.
Byllie

I'd LOL if Marilyn Manson started this thread.
Reply 14
if that avatar is you, noone will bother even to look at you, truth hurts!
Reply 15
epic_scale
if that avatar is you, noone will bother even to look at you, truth hurts!

some girls like that look!
Reply 16
Sincerity?
Hmm. Noted. I always had the impression the majority preferred the emos and the, erm, men, proper men much unlike my lanky self.

lol sorry reading over my post I realised it didn't sound very nice.

I meant that you do look quite young so do your best to act mature. Most girls go for older guys and they'll be turned off immediately if they think your just another kid trying to pester them 'cause you were dared by one of your mates.
Reply 17
300mg
lol sorry reading over my post I realised it didn't sound very nice.

I meant that you do look quite young so do your best to act mature. Most girls go for older guys and they'll be turned off immediately if they think your just another kid trying to pester them 'cause you were dared by one of your mates.

There's no need to apologise, I wasn't offended. It's always good to know the opinions of others on different things.

I can always try, thank you.

Latest

Trending

Trending