The Student Room Group
I think that the minimum is 45 mins.

Google it :smile:
Reply 2
Depends on your age.
18 and above is minimun of 20 minutes if you work more than 6 hours.
30 minutes after 4.5 hours if under 18.

On the BIS website if you want any more info
Reply 3
I work at Sainsbury's and for a 5 hour shift I'll get one "tea break" (paid) of 15 minutes tonight...

On a Saturday though when I'll be working 8 hours, after 4-5 hours of my shift I'll get 30 mins break (and I'm only 17! lol)

For my 4 hours shift on a Friday night I don't get a break though. Plus, it would be silly seeing as I'm scheduled on til 22:30 so I have to finish off customers for the night, supervise boxing self-checkouts and stuff. Nothing would get done without me there on Friday/Saturday haha I think I'm one of the few who has the guts to stay on that late... :o:
Reply 4
Rest breaks at work

A worker is entitled to an uninterrupted break of 20 minutes when daily working time is more than six hours. It should be a break in working time and should not be taken either at the start, or at the end, of a working day.

http://www.hse.gov.uk/contact/faqs/workingtime.htm
Whats the minimum break entitlement for 4 hours? (By the way I'm 18)?
Reply 6
Boreism
Whats the minimum break entitlement for 4 hours? (By the way I'm 18)?

None unfortunately.
You would need to work 6 to be entitled to a break.
I'm right too, as big headed as it sounds, my mum deals with it in her job so I got my info from her :p:
Reply 7
6 is correct. Many workplaces have their own policy however, so you may want to check with your employer too. Of course, they can't give less than the minimum but some offer more time or to pay for your break!

Latest

Trending

Trending