Turn on thread page Beta

Not spoken to a girl in years (details in 1st post) watch

anon or delete.

I'm a boy, 18 yrs old and have been to an all boys school since year 7. I left this year and going to uni this year too.

I don't think I'm prepared to speak to girls. I haven't kissed a girl, had sex or had a relationship with one. There were a couple of all girls schools near my school but I hardly mixed with them so I've been surrounded by mostly boys for a while. I'm not sure how to approach girls but I really would like to make friends with them and wouldn't mind a relationship too. I think girls are great people. How should go about doing this?

ReputationRep:
    Don't put girls on some kind of pedestal, some are annoying, some are nice, some *****y etc.

There is no particular way to chat to girls, stay clear of racist, sexist, whateverelse-ist jokes until you know someone better.

If you want to have a random chat, you can PM me!

ReputationRep:
    Just be natural. Ooze confidence. Don't think too much about it - just ride the wave of spontaneity!

ReputationRep:
    Pretend you´re something you´re not,
    or don´t pretend you´re something
    or something

God girls are so confusing

(Original post by diamondsky99)
    Don't put girls on some kind of pedestal, some are annoying, some are nice, some *****y etc.
    Sorry. I've not really spoken to a girl in person since primary school so I think they are much better, more mature and superior to boys. But I'd like to talk to them too.

ReputationRep:
    Don't treat girls special - they are human. Be a friend first, then a sex machine ~
    and no, they are not superior, not smarter, not cooler, they have boobs and lack other stuff between the legs.

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure you'll be in a mixed class so just say hi to the nearest girl to you and build a friendship. Or become mates with some guys who know girls and go from there. Simples, eeh!

ReputationRep:
    Contrary to female advice, DO NOT befriend the pnes you want to sleep with. If you just want friends, then talk to like boys, but throw references to, I dunno, shoes or something - I don't have any female friends anyway.

But if you want to sleep with them, thats a whooooole other issue, and you won't find much practical help here. Try googling "fast seduction"....sounds corny I know, but that website if a ****** goldmine.

ReputationRep:
    .... just talk to them the same way you would if you were making friends with a guy, we're not aliens :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Local_United_Fan)
    Contrary to female advice, DO NOT befriend the pnes you want to sleep with.
    If he hasn't talked to a girl sleeping with one, NOW, is going overboard
    First, make some female friends, then think about sex ~
    sorry, but u can't fix the problem right away.
    If he can't talk to girls, how he can express his feelings to a future probable girlfriend? He needs to stop sweating and wandering what to ask the girl.

ReputationRep:
    Until you're comfortable, I would urge you to treat them pretty much like you would boys. Excepting chauvinistic comments if you're in the habit of making those, I guess. They're not all that different! Thinking about it, I doubt I spoke to boys my own age regularly before I started uni, but it's really not difficult! Don't think about it too much. Just please please don't try to impress at first.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abara)
    If he hasn't talked to a girl sleeping with one, NOW, is going overboard
    First, make some female friends, then think about sex ~
    sorry, but u can't fix the problem right away.
    If he can't talk to girls, how he can express his feelings to a future probable girlfriend? He needs to stop sweating and wandering what to ask the girl.
    Sorry I gotta respectfully disagree - and I'm deffo more qualified to give advice in this area. Its better to start off the way you mean to continue - most straight guys don't really want friendships with girls, not really...they wanna get laid...so I think educating himself on the skills needed for that to occur consistently and with high quality women is more productive than just talking to them as friends, he has enough friends already.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Local_United_Fan)
    Sorry I gotta respectfully disagree - and I'm deffo more qualified to give advice in this area. Its better to start off the way you mean to continue - most straight guys don't really want friendships with girls, not really...they wanna get laid...so I think educating himself on the skills needed for that to occur consistently and with high quality women is more productive than just talking to them as friends, he has enough friends already.
    But to build his self esteem and confidence he must know how to communicate oO
    Yes he has friends, male friends...he hasn't talked to a girl since he was 7~...thats smth!
    But I don't know him or his situation 100%, so may be I'm underestimating him, :>

ReputationRep:
    Meh don't worry about it too much, you'll find most people are friendly and as long as you act natural it shouldn't be too hard to converse with some girls

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I think girls are great people.
    http://static.thestudentroom.co.uk/i...ilies/rofl.gif This ^ made me laugh.

but you wanted advice so firstly stop generalising. They are not all great people, many aren't(same as everyone) but there are some pretty good ones out there too. Next stop hyping them up... it will just make you nervous. Finally join a club or social group and just get talking to themhttp://static.thestudentroom.co.uk/i...milies/woo.gif

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 21, 2009
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.