Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I have realised why people cheat, and why monagamy is not a good idea Watch

ReputationRep:
    How can you possibly state that monogamy is intrinsically contrary to human nature?
    When people cheat, or have fantasies that they repress, this is a result of something their relationship lacks - for example closeness or attraction. I would hazard a guess that you have never truly loved someone or had a substantial relationship, otherwise you would see that the issue is much less clean cut than 'nature'.
    Monogamy fails due to the imperfections of relationships, which of course are common and hard to eliminate.
    But if you continue to use your clearly flawed argument as an excuse for cheating, you should be concerned that you may not give yourself the chance to have potentially amazing monogamous relationships.

ReputationRep:
    (I predict that in the future that the ridiculous and soul-destroying concept of a monogamous (spelling?) relationship will be exposed for what it is - peoples' fear of being alone and insecurity).

Ok, thats a story that depicts the nature of the beast.

I disagree with your prediction. As a monogamous relationship is a lifestyle choice, therefore not your interpretation. I 'choose' to be in a happy faithful relationship, that is loyal , trusting, and comforting, and offers much more than love, companionship as well.

I have no 'fear' which drives my 'choices', these choices come from what i want in my heart.

Now self proclaimned literal genuis, stop finding excuses to why your relationships dont work or that of your parents, instead of putting your efforts to the reasons why these didnt work, go find one that will, and when you do, you will find you were talking rubbish and be glad that you was.

It is not in human nature to 'cheat' , there is no distinctive drive of nature to stray from your partner like an urge or a compulsion driven by the nature of your being, it is fundumentally a 'choice', which is choosen, otherwise everybody could go around saying ' I couldnt help myself ' , ' Its in my genes or nature , dont you know'.

Knowbody ever says that, do you know why??, because it is a false arguement, and one that can only be used by someone trying to understand and excuse somone that has cheated, and having such an ego , denying the fact that they got cheated on because it was something to do with them, or the decisions of there partner.

Good luck in Happyness and Godbless.

ReputationRep:
    There is a simple reason for which humans are monogamous. They are selfish and expect to be treated specially. If people were polygamous, then you could never be sure of someone's love and commitment. People don't want to deal with all that insecurity, so they act monogamously in the hope that the others will do the same and they will find a partner who will dedicate their time and resources to them. SIMPLES!

But surely, there is nothing wrong with either monogamy or polygamy AS LONG AS the people involved feel good. They usually don't, but hey, there are exceptions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rob30uk)
    (I predict that in the future that the ridiculous and soul-destroying concept of a monogamous (spelling?) relationship will be exposed for what it is - peoples' fear of being alone and insecurity).

Ok, thats a story that depicts the nature of the beast.

I disagree with your prediction. As a monogamous relationship is a lifestyle choice, therefore not your interpretation. I 'choose' to be in a happy faithful relationship, that is loyal , trusting, and comforting, and offers much more than love, companionship as well.

I have no 'fear' which drives my 'choices', these choices come from what i want in my heart.

Now self proclaimned literal genuis, stop finding excuses to why your relationships dont work or that of your parents, instead of putting your efforts to the reasons why these didnt work, go find one that will, and when you do, you will find you were talking rubbish and be glad that you was.

It is not in human nature to 'cheat' , there is no distinctive drive of nature to stray from your partner like an urge or a compulsion driven by the nature of your being, it is fundumentally a 'choice', which is choosen, otherwise everybody could go around saying ' I couldnt help myself ' , ' Its in my genes or nature , dont you know'.

Knowbody ever says that, do you know why??, because it is a false arguement, and one that can only be used by someone trying to understand and excuse somone that has cheated, and having such an ego , denying the fact that they got cheated on because it was something to do with them, or the decisions of there partner.

Good luck in Happyness and Godbless.
    I lol'd hard at 'choosen'.

Also 'knowbody' was interesting.

ReputationRep:
    The OP is right and wrong.

Yes, it's in our nature/genes for us (men especially) to have multiple sex partners.

But we as humans have big brains, we can choose not to sting the frog and get across the river and live a life that is much happier overall. Stinging the frog/cheating on the girlfriend may be 'instinctive' but we as humans can avoid it. Not all our instincts are in line with our best interests. Talking in simple terms, we were 'evolved' to live tens of thousands of years ago, following our instincts isn't always what's best for us. See drug addiction, obesity and mob violence for examples.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Local_United_Fan)
    ^^^ Not entirely sure what that is. And it is something I said before, but never really known why I thought what I did - or if, indeed I was right.

Naw but seriously, I always thought, 'why are my views on this so different from the norm?'...I thought maybe I was just weird or something...but I'm not - you people have been conditioned to believe something that someone made up at some point in time. (Marriage, monogamy, dating etc), which goes against our nature. This fable just illustrates my point beautifully.
    I actually agree. Below the age of 25, monogamy is crap and just too difficult. But I think that changes as you get older and seek security. For me at the moment, eventually monogamy goes down the toilet no matter how good my intentions.

ReputationRep:
    well i suppose you were left picking at spelling as i unpicked your agrument...

Next subject ^^^^

ReputationRep:
    Hmm, OP why don't you just continue to live the way you think is 'right'?
    Where is the need to change everyone? Let people choose what kind of life they want.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rob30uk)
    well i suppose you were left picking at spelling as i unpicked your agrument...

Next subject ^^^^
    Creation of words is not the same as typos, sunshine.

And you hardly 'unpicked my argument'....I can assure you I have had more experience in terms of dealings with females than you have, and my opinions come frpm the heart, as opposed to the ridiculous moral standards you have been spoon-fed.

ReputationRep:
    Ohhh I get it. You're saying, because my star sign is Scorpio, I have to cheat on my partner or I will drown?! :eek3:

ReputationRep:
    Creation of words is not the same as typos, sunshine.

And you hardly 'unpicked my argument'....I can assure you I have had more experience in terms of dealings with females than you have, and my opinions come frpm the heart, as opposed to the ridiculous moral standards you have been spoon-fed.
    your opinions come from the heart?! BS. Have you ever had a proper relationship?

ReputationRep:
    come again?

ReputationRep:
    delusions of grandeur much...:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Ahh all these wordy counter-arguments. I think ppl on here think too much sometimes. ******* different people is IN YOUR NATURE...can';t you see that? Thats all that matters, thats it - anything else, marriage etc is just religious propaganda, and you people have all bought into it, and thus your sex life, and happiness suffers.

I mean how many of you now are single, genuinely happy, and could go out right now, or this evening and have a reasonable chance of finding a quality sexual partner? I could. The sad truth is that most people are either frustrated and lonely, or in a relationship which, were it to end, they would be frustrated and lonely. I do not have that problem. I am living the way nature intended me to live, I truly believe everyone should so the same.
    people like you is why the community is ****** up, you didn't get into it for the right reasons, it's a paradox ok? understand and accept it, you can keep a woman, its just choosing the right one your aligned with. most of human nature is a paradox stop thinking you understand these deep thoughts because some men and women stay together for ever.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by celphtitled)
    people like you is why the community is ****** up, you didn't get into it for the right reasons, it's a paradox ok? understand and accept it, you can keep a woman, its just choosing the right one your aligned with. most of human nature is a paradox stop thinking you understand these deep thoughts because some men and women stay together for ever.
    No, people like me are what the community is all about. Learning the skills to get what you truly want, whilst being open and honest with the people involved, which I always am.

Don't confuse me with low-self-esteem, pussy-obsessed Mystery clone, I can assure you, thats very far from the truth.

ReputationRep:
    No, people like me are what the community is all about. Learning the skills to get what you truly want, whilst being open and honest with the people involved, which I always am.

Don't confuse me with low-self-esteem, pussy-obsessed Mystery clone, I can assure you, thats very far from the truth.
    I'm all for the skills, the reasoning behind the skills and the clear and definite psychological reasons that are core of this stuff, you clearly do not understand. Trying to convert people not to find a girl and settle down with that you love? That isn't what the community is about bro, take a look at yourself of a deeper level man. We all know women go for value, value alignment is crucial in getting married, what sort of guy are you if you can pickup the girl and not keep her, also if you understood evolutionary psychology monogamy is key for a woman, and for a man at the end stages of their lifes. So you have just got the entire thing messed up, fine if you want to **** about and whatever but please treat women and men with some respect. I understand your dealing with MAJOR paradoxes but you must accept and understand paradoxes, you have just gotten some basics and the stuff your talking about doesn't even make sense scientifically. Understand what your learning and please don't be so close minded.

ReputationRep:
    :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    If it's human nature to cheat.. Then why would we purposely pick monogamy? There isn't any particular reason to go against nature, and monogamy doesn't have any advantages.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by celphtitled)
    I'm all for the skills, the reasoning behind the skills and the clear and definite psychological reasons that are core of this stuff, you clearly do not understand. Trying to convert people not to find a girl and settle down with that you love? That isn't what the community is about bro, take a look at yourself of a deeper level man. We all know women go for value, value alignment is crucial in getting married, what sort of guy are you if you can pickup the girl and not keep her, also if you understood evolutionary psychology monogamy is key for a woman, and for a man at the end stages of their lifes. So you have just got the entire thing messed up, fine if you want to **** about and whatever but please treat women and men with some respect. I understand your dealing with MAJOR paradoxes but you must accept and understand paradoxes, you have just gotten some basics and the stuff your talking about doesn't even make sense scientifically. Understand what your learning and please don't be so close minded.
    :rolleyes: Did you just learn the word, 'paradox' or something?

There's actually no point whatsoever in me bothering with you, you don't get what I'm saying in the OP or in my previous post. I've been in this thing for several years now and have had relationships of all kinds, with many different women, and I treat them with nothing but respect. Stop acting like you know the first thing about me. In case you care, I'm talking about multiple, parallel relationships, as opposed to the crude, "love 'em and leave 'em" type of thing you seem to be suggesting. I do 'keep' my women, for as long as we enhance each other's lives....I just don't restrict myself to one at a time.

My thinking and understanding of male/female dynamics and indeed, what 'happiness' really is, is waaaaay beyond your understanding, as you've shown through your complete lack of comprehension in anything I've talked about. Tbh mate, you sound like the majority of ppl, clueless and frustrated....you just happen to have read a few pick-up books.

Don't bother responding to this, cos I promise you I won't read it. I wasted 5 minutes of my life typing this, and I'm not prepared to waste any more on such a simple and small-minded individual.

ReputationRep:
    Just to let people know that this guy regards himself as a PUA, he is not. He allows others to effect his values on a detrimental level, he is mad at women. Please do not hold this against him. He is just a guy trying to get some success with women so don't be offended by his posts as they represent

1.) Nothing concerning the PUA community
    2.) Nothing at all it's just his uninformed opinion he likes to imprint other to maybe gain value for himself, in essence he is just a scared person, and like scared people he must gain acceptance from other people to give value to himself.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 25, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.