Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Considering the cost of our accommodation how are you all planning on living on such little money?

After my rent payments i'm going to have about £13 a week to spend on everything else, food/drink/travel & going out. I don't have a job at the moment so my only source of income is selling old stuff on ebay.

What are all your plans for money saving or earning money when your at uni?

ReputationRep:
    Student loan/credit line... either from a bank or the government.

ReputationRep:
    a student overdraft will be needed! look into setting up a NatWest student account if you haven't already, they offer an interest-free overdraft for situations like ours

ReputationRep:
    thousands of people have and will survive

ReputationRep:
    It's more doable than it seems, everyone seems to manage in one way or another and there are services on hand at the uni if you're in dire straits.

ReputationRep:
    I'm applying for a maintenance loan.

ReputationRep:
    I wish I knew what my budget was. Student finance are still messing me about, so have no idea what i'll be getting.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    University of the Arts London resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.