Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys!
    I'm hopefully joining as a fresher in October, and have a question for you all!
    My mobile phone contract is due renewing... but when I was at the Open Days I found that signal for mobiles on the Orange network was really really bad (I'm at Josephine Butler). My reps advised me against Orange... which networks would you guys recommend??
    Laura Jane x

ReputationRep:
    O2 apparently has the best.

Most networks have trouble inside Butler though, just because the walls are so ******* thick.

ReputationRep:
    Orange is alright in the centre of town, it's crap on the science site and the bailey though.

ReputationRep:
    O2 seems to be the best.

ReputationRep:
    I had Orange last year, and in college (we have the exactly the same buildings as Butler) the signal was terrible. I'm most likely going with O2 this year.

ReputationRep:
    Did you think that our replies on Facebook wouldn't be good enough or something when you posted this? :P

Generally speaking, in the North East, O2 is the best network. That means Tesco and ASDA are also fine. Orange are decent, Vodafone alright most of the time, and T-Mobile pretty useless. If someone is on T-Mobile I'd really consider changing before University.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MyNameIsDave)
    Generally speaking, in the North East, O2 is the best network. That means Tesco and ASDA are also fine. Orange are decent, Vodafone alright most of the time, and T-Mobile pretty useless. If someone is on T-Mobile I'd really consider changing before University.
    t-mobile sucks huh? at least mines only pay-as-go

ReputationRep:
    I thought virgin used T-mobile signals and my virgin phone hasn't been bad at all from a living on the bailey/lectures on the science site point of view.

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.