Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    HAHAHAHA...Lol at people joking about doing drastic stupid things to their body...

Oh wait...you're being serious?

ReputationRep:
    Honestly, I agree it does sound like a waste of time.

But it is the summer holidays, I have virtually nothing to do.

A 24 hour shot at something bogus won't kill me, will it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brotherhood)
    Detoxing is a waste of time. It's a myth. What are these mystery poisons and toxins in your body that your body itself can't manage to get rid of? What do you think your liver's for?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/7808348.stm

BBC never lies.

EDIT: Diet sounds ridiculous too.
    Thanks for the article, but it talks about diet products, drugs, chemicals and vitamins, which are not involved in the moon "diet". The moon "diet", sorry for the word but i don't know what to call it, is based on the study of the moon's gravity and it's influence on the body fluids.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gabriela)
    hahaa That's what i am thinking; and it's not bad for you, or is it?
    Nah, I reckon it would be bad for you in the long-term but since it's only 24 hours it should be alright. I doubt I'll last though, I'm shopping tomorrow and I'm in the mood for a chicken bake already.

ReputationRep:
    Detoxing is stupid, fad diets don't work.

Improve your diet, eat your greens, exercise more, eat less sugar, drink enough water yadda yadda.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the article, but it talks about diet products, drugs, chemicals and vitamins, which are not involved in the moon "diet". The moon "diet", sorry for the word but i don't know what to call it, is based on the study of the moon's gravity and it's influence on the body fluids.
    Oh for gods sake. How stupid are you?

Lets look at the moons attraction on your body. Assume your mass is 50 kilos, the mass of the moon is 7.36 × 10^22 kilos at a distance of 378 024.9*10^3 meters. Gravitational attraction = G*M1*M2/D^2 So

(6.67300 × 10^-11)*(50)*(7.36*10^22)/(378 024.9*10^3)^2 which gives an attraction force of.... 0.00171841529 N.

Just under 2 micro newtons, explain to me how that ******* effects anything?

ReputationRep:
    All detoxing is rubbish/a myth, there are plenty of other articles and studies out there. Whatever the spiel, it's a load of crap.

Why would the Moon have anything to do with it? The gravity of the Moon affects the tides all year round, not just four times. Show me some evidence that a fasting diet works better on a change of phase than any other day.

What good is losing 3kg of water going to do you? It's the same with any fasting diet, you'll lose water and then put it back on when you start eating again. You're not losing fat.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mipegg)
    Oh for gods sake. How stupid are you?

Lets look at the moons attraction on your body. Assume your mass is 50 kilos, the mass of the moon is 7.36 × 10^22 kilos at a distance of 378 024.9*10^3 meters. Gravitational attraction = G*M1*M2/D^2 So

(6.67300 × 10^-11)*(50)*(7.36*10^22)/(378 024.9*10^3)^2 which gives an attraction force of.... 0.00171841529 N.

Just under 2 micro newtons, explain to me how that ******* effects anything?
    It's good you want to prove me wrong, but there's no need to get soo worked up. Here is another question for you: how does the moon influence rivers, seas or wait, even bigger, oceans?

ReputationRep:
    I just googled it, It made me laugh. Dont bother.

ReputationRep:
    It's good you want to prove me wrong, but there's no need to get soo worked up. Here is another question for you: how does the moon influence rivers, seas or wait, even bigger, oceans?

Because seas, oceans and rivers a A **** LOT BIGGER THAN YOU. The equation takes into account the mass of both objects, Id say the sea was many many times more massive than you thus the attraction force will be much much higher.

You still havent given me an answer though, what will this do to help you? Any benifit?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brotherhood)

What good is losing 3kg of water going to do you? It's the same with any fasting diet, you'll lose water and then put it back on when you start eating again. You're not losing fat.
    I know that and i know you are right about the water loss, it's even funny because the water you drink is most prob the one you lose, but it is not meant to harm you if it is only for 24 hrs.

BTW everyone is taking this far too seriously... i don't even know if i will last even 5 hours without food, but there's no harm in trying.

Sorry if i am annoying you

ReputationRep:
    I know that and i know you are right about the water loss, it's even funny because the water you drink is most prob the one you lose, but it is not meant to harm you if it is only for 24 hrs.

BTW everyone is taking this far too seriously... i don't even know if i will last even 5 hours without food, but there's no harm in trying.

Sorry if i am annoying you
    So then what's the point?

ReputationRep:
    Why are the girls on here so dense?

Serious question, are you actually students or do you stumble upon this site by accident?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by red_alerts)
    Why are the girls on here so dense?

Serious question, are you actually students or do you stumble upon this site by accident?
    Media studies, psycologoy, law I'm guessing

ReputationRep:
    Because seas, oceans and rivers a A **** LOT BIGGER THAN YOU. The equation takes into account the mass of both objects, Id say the sea was many many times more massive than you thus the attraction force will be much much higher.

You still havent given me an answer though, what will this do to help you? Any benifit?
    Nothing, as i said i am in pretty good form and no way did i want to come across as stupid or cause any arguments

Lol, this sounds so ridiculous.

ReputationRep:
    Nothing, as i said i am in pretty good form and no way did i want to come across as stupid or cause any arguments
    If is not going to benefit you in the slightest then its an utter waste of time and effort love. Give up on it, you just accepted its useless yourself

ReputationRep:
    Is this a joke ?

ReputationRep:
    Media studies, psycologoy, law I'm guessing
    Psychology and law are easy degrees now?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by burningnun)
    Psychology and law are easy degrees now?
    Not at all, degrees are hard. But the Alevels? Not at all :rolleyes:

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered nutrition and supplements threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.