Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    iam doin chem bio maths and p.e for my as but i want to drop bio next year, will that be fine for pharmacy, and will i get disadvantaged in any way..?????????

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dee321)
    iam doin chem bio maths and p.e for my as but i want to drop bio next year, will that be fine for pharmacy, and will i get disadvantaged in any way..?????????
    Well, P.E isn't very respected, but the others seem to be fine for it.
    Maybe drop P.E?

ReputationRep:
    but ive done p.e and bio at as and they are basically the same, and p.e is also challenging but catogarized as a easy subject. but the uni do require onli 2 sciences which are maths and chem which are the main subjects of pharmacy, wont it be ok if ive onli done bio at as.?

ReputationRep:
    Which uni is it? Don't some unis blacklist certain subjects? I'm not sure if PE is one of them, but I'd suggest sticking with Biology. Even if you can get in with PE, Biology will help with the course more.

And try to type properly please.

ReputationRep:
    If they require two science you'll have to continue both at A2 because AS is only half an A level

ReputationRep:
    I would assume chemistry and biology are a must for any pharmacy related subject? Biology would be much more useful than P.E.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by manx1991)
    If they require two science you'll have to continue both at A2 because AS is only half an A level
    but maths and chem are two sciences

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by New...Romantic)
    Which uni is it? Don't some unis blacklist certain subjects? I'm not sure if PE is one of them, but I'd suggest sticking with Biology. Even if you can get in with PE, Biology will help with the course more.

And try to type properly please.
    its aston and i emailed them about this situation and they said thats fine

ReputationRep:
    its aston and i emailed them about this situation and they said thats fine
    So why ask us? They know best :confused:

Although did they say if you'd be disadvantaged? Because they might favour someone with Chem, Bio and Maths over Chem, PE and Maths.

ReputationRep:
    but maths and chem are two sciences
    Maths is maths... Chemistry, Biology and Physics are sciences...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by manx1991)
    Maths is maths... Chemistry, Biology and Physics are sciences...
    No, Maths is counted as a science subject.

ReputationRep:
    So why ask us? They know best :confused:

Although did they say if you'd be disadvantaged? Because they might favour someone with Chem, Bio and Maths over Chem, PE and Maths.
    aston never stated that but unis like nottingham said if someone did chem bio and maths and got AAA the would be advantaged

ReputationRep:
    yes thst what i though aswell

ReputationRep:
    aston never stated that but unis like nottingham said if someone did chem bio and maths and got AAA the would be advantaged
    Hmm in that case I'd strongly advise you to do Biology. Pharmacy can be quite competitive anyway, do you really want to take the risk?

ReputationRep:
    Hmm in that case I'd strongly advise you to do Biology. Pharmacy can be quite competitive anyway, do you really want to take the risk?
    ye i think i probably should thx

ReputationRep:
    Wow I never knew that; not that I'd ever take it at A2 but yer, learn something new everyday

ReputationRep:
    I'd advise dropping PE.

Chemistry, Biology and Maths is a perfect combination for applying for Pharmacy.

ReputationRep:
    You should be OK doing this. Most just ask for 2 sciences and a third subject that can be related or not! Also, P.E. actually has a bit of human bio, anatomy and physiology etc, so it is still related! (I'd say!) Even if it was seen as unrelated, I was told that as long as you can explain why you picked it/why you're interested in it then there's no problem! I've applied with 2 sciences and sociology and I've had no problems!

ReputationRep:
    I know that if you applied to brighton that they wouldn't accept your P.E. A level, as UCAS points....so be wary of that!

Personally I suggest that you drop P.E. while you can...

ReputationRep:
    I'd say not to bother with P.E and keep bio (even to only AS). And pick an unrelated (non-science) subject as well, like economics or history, to show breadth of knowledge.
    Good luck!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.