Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jaager)
    Still theres nothing wrong with communism, your abjection is based on a skewed world view where no one gives a crap about anyone else but themselves, all for one, and one for f*ck all...
    Exactly! I wrote a reply a short while ago describing how he was motivated by pure greed, which has strangely been ignored. Read into that what you will.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BibblyBobbly)
    Are you trying to imply I only hold my left wing views on the internet? I often have heated discussions with the more right wing friends of mine, and I can say I am unashamed to believe all people should have equal opportunity.

I can't say whether I would want to live in communist country, as I have never experienced it. The idea of everybody being equal is a very noble one though, and I would have no problem in earning the same as everybody else. The farmer works bloody hard too, and he'd probably say it isn't right that he has to work from dawn until dusk knee-deep in pig's **** in the pouring rain whilst the lawyer gets the same for arguing with people. Surely somebody should do a job because they enjoy it, not because the ultimate aim is money? Because if you believe the best motivation for doing a job is so you can earn a lot more than everybody else, doesn't that just show that your motivation for capitalism is pure, selfish greed, and threfore your opposition to communism is also greed?
    I wouldn't call it a "greed" I'd call it a desire. The idea of everyone being equal is completely unnatural. Humans naturally compete with each other. Also most people can be a farmer and harvest the crops but not everyone can do a professional job like a lawyer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BibblyBobbly)
    Exactly! I wrote a reply a short while ago describing how he was motivated by pure greed, which has strangely been ignored. Read into that what you will.
    Sorry I didn't see it, its answered now above.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unknown?)
    I wouldn't call it a "greed" I'd call it a desire. The idea of everyone being equal is completely unnatural. Humans naturally compete with each other. Also most people can be a farmer and harvest the crops but not everyone can do a professional job like a lawyer.
    Oh so if it's only a desire, you wouldn't mind having enough to get by on, and letting everybody else have the same?

Most people could be a lawyer, but they might not all be very good at it, the same as with a farmer.

I agree it's natural to compete, but humans are pack animals. If we were designed to live on our own, then you would be right. However, apes and humans have always lived in tribes or packs, so wanting the best for your companions in your pack is in fact perfectly natural, after all what good is a pack if they are all starving and weak.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry I didn't see it, its answered now above.
    Alright I'll let you off then :p:

ReputationRep:
    Well why don't you go and steal from some rich people and then give it to poor people and see what you feel like. A hero or a communist.
    most likely a hero, because times were different then. Life was much simpler. people didnt go into debates on whether or not robin hood was a communist..they looked up to him as a hero because of his [I]charity towards the poor? have you never heard of the saying along the lines of... if you have a lot, a lot is expected of you? but the sheriff was evil and taxed the poor, when they had nothin to start off with in the first place?!?!
    The rich people in robin hood were evil and the message being portrayed is that stealing from them will almost put them in their place. you keep saying that if you want something you have to work had for it, which i agree totally to. However, again times were different then, there was no justice at that time and if a poor person rebelled, he was more likely to be killed. that's why there was robin hood. it doesnt happen like that know, beacsue there is a democracy in most parts of the world, therefore people have a fair say in what they want and are helped to achieve it.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.