Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Parents and sleeping over at boyfriends house - annoyed watch

my parents used to dislike my boyfriend sleeping in my room, but then they knew when i was at his i slept in his, so they just let me.
    basically he needs to accept the fact that you're going to have sex, whether its when you sleep round his or when your parents are out.
    i think it is important that they build up trust with him first as he obviously doesnt want you getting hurt by timewasters.

Is it just me or do parents never approve of boyfriends? Its like they think they're really nice lads etc when you're only friends, but once you're going out with him they hate him! My parents are annoying about the age thing aswell. A while ago I was with this lad, he was 20 and I was 16. When they found out they went mad and tried to 'ban' me from seeing him (I kept seeing him anyway behind their backs). Sometimes parents more or less force you to lie to them in order to have some fun which is stupid because I'm sure they'd rather know where you are and who you're with than have you doing stuff behind their backs.
Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 21, 2009
Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.