Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

what to say when retuning items of clothing? Watch

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Depends on store policy, who you take them to and hoe polite you are. All are factors, as well as your excuse for returning them.

ReputationRep:
    "These wouldn't fit on the body"

ReputationRep:
    Just say, "I'd like to return these items please". Aslong as you return them with the returns period, and they are in normal condition, it'll be fine! Oh and you must have the receipt aswell

ReputationRep:
    it depends. do the items still have the tags on and do you still have the receipt?
    what's the stores refund policy?

ReputationRep:
    So long as they're all in the same condition as when you bought them (including tags) and you have the receipt, I have the feeling that legally they have to give you a refund. But be polite anyway, and just say they don't fit right.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    I usually go for "Unwanted present" or "They don't fit"

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    you must have the receipt and be within the time period for refund or exchange (but if its just after that time then still try, if you look decent or the clothes are still being sold full price or the items you brought back are in great condition then they may consider you)
    say 'hello, i'd like to return these items they are unsuitable (or faulty?), here's my receipt thank you'

ReputationRep:
    just say they were unsuitable, you don't need a reason ?

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    the excuse is UNSUITABLE!

1, they're too small, too big
    2, don't go with my waredrobe
    3, i decided i don't like them anymore

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dumbgeek)
    they are within the return period and are in perfect condition and i have the recipt

but what im asking is what is an acceptable excuse for returning because they noramlly ask you
    no they dont, well they shouldnt.. its your right to return them if you dont want them. Just be honest.. say you dont like them or whatever. Me, i got a card from one shop, then went to clintons and saw a better card.. so i went back to the initial shop (10 minutes later) to return it. And the woman wasn't bothered why! I even said, I found a better card in the other shop lol :yes:

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    jus say you got home and didnt like them! or u bought them 4 ur bro but he dont like them or sumat

ReputationRep:
    Just say you changed your mind about them! I work in a shop and get returns all the time, no one really cares why you're bringing stuff back as long as it's obvious you haven't worn them.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 22, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.