Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So my mum sent some evidence to the student finance place a few weeks ago and they've not confirmed receiving it, nor have they sent it back or sent any other correspondance. I'm getting fairly worried about this now as we're not even nearly done with our finance stuff and the clock is ticking away, I can't live in London without any finance so I have no idea what is happening :confused:
    Is anyone else having the same issues? I realise they have a backlog of people but I haven't received even the non-assessed finance thing that other people have been getting.

ReputationRep:
    I called them this morning about and they said that it can take upto 8 weeks for them to respond because their so busy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sausagerollin)
    I called them this morning about and they said that it can take upto 8 weeks for them to respond because their so busy
    They're so annoying :cry:

I bet they'll respond and something will be wrong so I'll have to start over again :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jessaay!)
    They're so annoying :cry:

I bet they'll respond and something will be wrong so I'll have to start over again :rolleyes:
    lol, but it could be worse, I know someone who has barely even started the application yet, he thinks he'll be able to do within a week :rolleyes: , he's in for a shock

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jessaay!)
    So my mum sent some evidence to the student finance place a few weeks ago and they've not confirmed receiving it, nor have they sent it back or sent any other correspondance. I'm getting fairly worried about this now as we're not even nearly done with our finance stuff and the clock is ticking away, I can't live in London without any finance so I have no idea what is happening :confused:
    Is anyone else having the same issues? I realise they have a backlog of people but I haven't received even the non-assessed finance thing that other people have been getting.
    Believe me you are not the only one this has happened to, a few of my friends had the same problem, but they assure you that you will have basic finance before the start of your course, as long as you applied before the deadline, how near the start of your course you get this finance is another story.

Dont worry hun, there are lots and lots....and lots of people in the same boat as you, including me.. we will all get through it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by priceless_beauty)
    Believe me you are not the only one this has happened to, a few of my friends had the same problem, but they assure you that you will have basic finance before the start of your course, as long as you applied before the deadline, how near the start of your course you get this finance is another story.

Dont worry hun, there are lots and lots....and lots of people in the same boat as you, including me.. we will all get through it
    Thanks
    When was the deadline for applying? Like, I've started my application, but not applied, that's the confusing thing. I started months ago in fact.

ReputationRep:
    they said when i rang they were running at least 8 weeks behind schedual so don't worry yet

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
    How much money do you spend a week?The ultimate guide to tax!Guide to student bank accounts

Sponsored features:

Web Legend

Win a Macbook Air!

Blog about setting up a website for a chance to win in our Web Legend competition.

Quick link:

Unanswered money and finance threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.