Basically I find out on Friday the date of my operation, which will have about an 8 week recovery period minimum.
As I'm sure you can work out, even if I have the operation next week, I'll be hard pressed to get to uni this September, so I am wanting to defer my entry and go in 2010 instead.
However, I want to keep my offer for the course this year, but re apply to the other courses I got rejected from.
I decided I wanted to do Biomed, then changed my mind to Midwifery. I had no experience and was rejected from my midwifery applications.
I'm going to use this year off to gain experience and am already in contact with people regarding this, and I will have time to retake moduels if my grades are lower.
I want to keep my offer for Biomed, while re applying for Midwifery, what is the best way to go about this?
I have no idea what to do as I am already registered with UCAS from this year etc..
Argh my brain hurts thinking about it.
Anyone know? Been in a similar situation?
Also when should I let the Admissions tutor know I want to defer? Now or once I get my results?
I don't think you can keep your offer for biomed and reapply for midwifery as you go through the same agency (UCAS) so they would know.
You will either have to apply to both courses (which would be hard with your personal statement), or look at Biomed through extra/clearing and hope you could get into a decent course.