Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Too many ‘man made laws’ are giving women the upper hand Watch

ReputationRep:
    Too many ‘man made laws’ are giving women the upper hand. Women seem to think they can do what they want as they please.

Most of today’s men are cowards, the type that cry’s in the woods, always fight for women’s rights and bend backwards for women, not realising he’s rights are slowly being eroded.

I can’t stand to see a man who gives he’s powers away to a woman.
    It’s funny, these are the same type of men, who get walked all over by women, end up divorce, she run off with the kids and took your house. While you’re just left to pick up the bill, and beg to see your own kids, and maybe if you’re lucky on her terms, you can play part time daddy on sat and Sunday.

‘You women live by your emotions and for them. You have no philosophy of life.’
    A WOMAN OF NO IMPORTANCE

ReputationRep:
    +1 agreed.

ReputationRep:
    this man is a genius

ReputationRep:
    Um...

Their is NO law that states the man gives up the house and kids. The house and kids will generally go to the parent whom is deemed more capable. This generally is the mother.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr_Mad)
    Too many ‘man made laws’ are giving women the upper hand. Women seem to think they can do what they want as they please.

Most of today’s men are cowards, the type that cry’s in the woods, always fight for women’s rights and bend backwards for women, not realising he’s rights are slowly being eroded.

It’s funny, these are the same type of men, who get walked all over by women, end up divorce, she run off with the kids and took your house. While you’re just left to pick up the bill, and beg to see your own kids, and maybe if you’re lucky on her terms, you can play part time daddy on sat and Sunday.

‘You women live by your emotions and for them. You have no philosophy of life.’
    A WOMAN OF NO IMPORTANCE
    Are you a bloody virgin yourself or what? Answer the question, making a new thread won't make it go away dear.

ReputationRep:
    O..kay

Someone has some deep unresolved issues going on...

ReputationRep:
    I think the question need not be answered. From his views I think it is pretty clear.

I know not of any law that makes men lose the kids and house as you put it. Yes, after a divorce everything is split down the middle. In todays society both partners are usually earning - the stay at hmoe mum is somthing of the past.

If you feel threatened by a future partner get a pre nuptial agreement. Not exactly a puzzler.

One good example of your case is that of ex-Arsenal midfielder Ray Parlour who by law must now give half of his earnings to his ex-wife. This is obviously quite wrong and many women would actually agree with this. Whether she helped him give up alcohol is irrellevant. Chances are he would have recovered. In addittion she is clearly a gold digger. How can anyone even stand to be in the same room as a gooner I will never know.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    I stopped reading here:

the type that cry’s in the woods,
    The type that cry is in the woods?

A man who gives he is powers away?

Sorry, makes no sense. Try again.

ReputationRep:
    Warning Levels: 25 :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AshleyT)
    Um...

Their is NO law that states the man gives up the house and kids. The house and kids will generally go to the parent whom is deemed more capable. This generally is the mother.

This post is too much of a generalisation and deonstates little understanding of this issue. While I can't really be bothered to get into this debate I have to say that the crux of what the original post says is true, although could have been put across a little better.

ReputationRep:
    Um...

The way it should be but it isn't. Generally the kids will go to the mother unless she is deemed unsuitable, irrespective of the father's virtues. In reality, unless she is a proven junkie the kids are hers. This is very different than going with the most capable. Think of it like the throne. It goes to the oldest son. If he is a complete moron, it goes to the next eldest. However the second eldest may be much more capable. I know of many fathers in a catch 22 sistuation. Having to pay high rates of child support and therefore needing to be fully invested in their jobs, reducing their "capability". If they were to cut the hours back they would have to miss a payment, or cut back on the standard of living, thereby reducing their capability.

In addition the husband is usually kicked out of the marital home during the separation. If you are getting divorced, never leave the marital home. Puts you on extremely bad ground.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JayB124)
    The way it should be but it isn't. Generally the kids will go to the mother unless she is deemed unsuitable, irrespective of the father's virtues. In reality, unless she is a proven junkie the kids are hers. This is very different than going with the most capable. Think of it like the throne. It goes to the oldest son. If he is a complete moron, it goes to the next eldest. However the second eldest may be much more capable. I know of many fathers in a catch 22 sistuation. Having to pay high rates of child support and therefore needing to be fully invested in their jobs, reducing their "capability". If they were to cut the hours back they would have to miss a payment, or cut back on the standard of living, thereby reducing their capability.

In addition the husband is usually kicked out of the marital home during the separation. If you are getting divorced, never leave the marital home. Puts you on extremely bad ground.
    Children can choose whom to live with though i believe. The courts take it into consideration but i *think* they have to be of a certain age.
    As for the house i completely agree. This should be a 50/50 split.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zexes)
    This post is too much of a generalisation and deonstates little understanding of this issue. While I can't really be bothered to get into this debate I have to say that the crux of what the original post says is true, although could have been put across a little better.
    True story.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Failed123)
    Are you a bloody virgin yourself or what? Answer the question, making a new thread won't make it go away dear.
    sorry, but what does his virginity have to do with anything?

ReputationRep:
    hahahahahahaha its funny how men, sorry, some men actually think women are subservient.

ReputationRep:
    Children can choose whom to live with though i believe. The courts take it into consideration but i *think* they have to be of a certain age.
    As for the house i completely agree. This should be a 50/50 split.
    Yes but again a young child would be far more likely to "choose" his or her mother. Fathers tend to have the disciplinarian role. An older child would have a more objective view, but is very unlikely to want away from the current location.

The housing question is usally much more complex. If the mortgage is not fully paid then half of it still needs to be paid, in addittion to child support, in addittion to his own living needs.

The system itself is very neutral. It is people cavemen belief that mothers nurture while the men hunt - and kids shouldn't be around while he is hunting.

I think this will some up how most men feel when it comes to family law:

Husband: What do you want for your birthday?
    Wife: I don't want anything
    Husband: I will buy you a top of the range sports car
    Wife: I don't want a sports car.
    Husband: A luxury around the world cruise?
    Wife: I don't want a cruise.
    Husband: I'll get you a gold necklace with ten five carrot diamonds!
    Wife: I don't want a necklace.
    Husband: Well, what do you want?
    Wife: I want a divorce
    Husband: Hell. I didnt plan on spending that much money!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Totally Tom)
    He made another thread where it was a factor.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Totally Tom)
    He just makes one misogynistic thread after another.

ReputationRep:
    ...what men cry in the woods??

Oh well, I suppose I'll just have to sit back and reap the benefits of having the 'upper hand' then. Never mind. Seriously, what's this thread supposed to accomplish?

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 22, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.