Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    70 is too slow for the right lane. Sure it's the limit but people who are in this lane go fair bit quicker.

Now and then I get cheeky and tailgate with my fogs on. I love seeing them indicate and move over. Now that is what you called respecting the superiority of a 1.8 VTI S VTEC DOHC. (was a joke)

ReputationRep:
    "Back to the loser lane..." - Michael McIntyre

ReputationRep:
    Tailgating annoys me too, but there are a couple of questions which beg to be answered: If you were overtaking then couldn't speed up because of the speed limit and traffic in front of you, how did this driver manage to overtake on the left? If you weren't overtaking, then what were you doing in that late?

ReputationRep:
    It annoys me, but I just let them go normally. They can do whatever speed they like, I don't really care. Plod might, mind.

ReputationRep:
    yeah exactly, just move over
    then give him some hand gesture

ReputationRep:
    if you got the **** out the way he wouldnt have needed to tailgate you :hmmm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shark67)
    The next person who does this to me will die, literally.
    Somehow I doubt this...
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by scott202)
    "Back to the loser lane..." - Michael McIntyre
    this +rep at midnight, PM me tommorrow if i forget

ReputationRep:
    Driving in the right lane of the motorway at 70 when some **** comes up right behind me and starts flashing his lights. The traffic in front of me is slowing down and this **** is right behind me. The **** overtakes me after a minute and starts giving hand gestures. I horned twice at the **** and showed him how I feel. The next person who does this to me will die, literally. I am going to take a AK47 and first shoot their tyres, then whilst the driver loses control of his vehicle will take another bullet in the face.
    It was an ambulance wasn't it?

ReputationRep:
    Perhaps this will teach you for only going 70 in the right hand lane. If you want to stick to the speed limit on the motorway, keep in the first two lanes.

ReputationRep:
    Why am I going to get out of the way for that scum? I will carry on and enjoy my ride. I think he was a salesman.
    does it not piss you off when someone pullls out into the fast lane of a motorway and is going 10/20 mph slower than you?

ReputationRep:
    So are you going to answer this?

(Original post by Advisor)
    Tailgating annoys me too, but there are a couple of questions which beg to be answered: If you were overtaking then couldn't speed up because of the speed limit and traffic in front of you, how did this driver manage to overtake on the left? If you weren't overtaking, then what were you doing in that late?
    If you shouldn't have been in the third lane, I'd have been expressing frustration at you too... it all depends on what was around you.

ReputationRep:
    If you want to drive at 70mph, and i'm probably assumming you were using the speed on your speedometer, so in reality you were probably doing 63, then its way too slow for the right lane!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malkmus)
    Perhaps this will teach you for only going 70 in the right hand lane. If you want to stick to the speed limit on the motorway, keep in the first two lanes.
    70 is perfectly acceptable in the RH lane of the motorway in SOME conditions, it just depends on conditions which you (and I) don't know...

However, in normal conditions (i.e. not heavy traffic, fog or rain) there would never really be a need to be in the third lane at 70mph.

ReputationRep:
    70 is the speed limit. I'm sticking to it.
    Well, it's not within the realms of reason to do 70 in the second lane is it? That way you're not slowing people that don't get nosebleed doing 80/90 down.

ReputationRep:
    just give him the finger and laugh at him, i used to get pissed at people on the roads but now i just enjoy giving them ****

ReputationRep:
    Next time, slam on the brakes.

ReputationRep:
    If you are going to shoot out someone's tires, you probably want a slightly more accurate gun than an AK47.

ReputationRep:
    Well if you were overtaking other cars, fine but if you were just randomly in the third lane for no reason you should have moved over....if that was the case I would have got angry at you too!

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 23, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.