Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Will I be treated differently for being overweight? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by icn06)
    Thanks, you're a real sweet heart.
    thisiswhyyourefat.com

I love it. It all looks so good but you know you wouldn't touch it with a barge pole.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by burningnun)
    No ****... do you walk?

Exactly what I was gonna say

ReputationRep:
    Good for losing 21lb.

Don't worry, there are innumerable amounts of fat/unabled bodied people in UK. Infact when I'm out labouring during the day, out of shape people walking past tend to out number young, fit and in-shape people by alot.

People so fat that they need mobility scooters even though they look about 30 are the worst I see. These are rare but they actually exist which pains my heart.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fjarskafinn)
    thisiswhyyourefat.com

I love it. It all looks so good but you know you wouldn't touch it with a barge pole.
    Haha thanks!

ReputationRep:
    You probably will be treated differently. Whilst there are alot of fat people in the U.K., I haven't come across many fat students, so those that are stick out like a sore thumb. Keep loosing the weight, you are good looking.

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry, there are plenty of overweight people here. And most people have better things to do than run around shouting 'FATTY!' anyway :p:.

ReputationRep:
    Depends how overweight you are. There are alot of overweight in the UK aswell.

ReputationRep:
    I think people tend to alienate you more for being obese regardless of the country (Well, Japan aside). I doubt people will go out of their way to be mean unless you spark something off with them.

But when people hear your accent they'll probably add that to the fact that you're fat as a part of some insult. To be honest i'd be surprised if you went through the whole of university without somebody making some 'fat American' comment.

You shouldn't lose weight to fit in anyways, you should do it for yourself.

ReputationRep:
    You might get some fat American jokes but no one at uni is going to bully you for it!

ReputationRep:
    There are a lot of overweight people here too and most people have better things to do than insult people because of their weight but you get people like that in every country.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.