Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    On the website:

'An approved science or Maths studied to at least GCSE (C or better), Scottish Standard Grade (3 or better) or SL in the International Baccalaureate.

Note that although the Faculty of Arts has dropped its formal requirement for a foreign language studied to at least GCSE (C or better), Scottish Standard Grade (3 or better) or SL in the International Baccalaureate, this is still something that the School of English looks for in applicants. '

However, in the 2010 Prospectus, it says a GCSE MFL is needed.

a) What is right?
    and b) if it isn't compulsory, is it still worth applying?

ReputationRep:
    Best bet is to email the English department and ask. It won't hurt your chances.

The 2009-10 Prospectus put the asking grade for CompSci at BBB, but when I actually got there, they were asking ABB. It didn't matter to me, but it shows that the prospectus can be incorrect. Remember they have to send it off to be printed a very long time before people start applying.

Yes, you can (I got an offer without it).

But I think you have to have plenty of other good stuff instead to strengthen your application, especially with something as cut throat as English .

EDIT: Though from your 'already decided' choices in your sig you don't seem to fancy St Andrews that much? :tongue:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alexandra1234567)
    Yes, you can (I got an offer without it).

But I think you have to have plenty of other good stuff instead to strengthen your application, especially with something as cut throat as English .

EDIT: Though from your 'already decided' choices in your sig you don't seem to fancy St Andrews that much? :tongue:
    Haha nah... I just don't fancy the idea of doing 3 subjects in the first 2 years...
    Thanks for the info though.

Haha, am I stupid in asking WHY you made this thread then ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alexandra1234567)
    Haha, am I stupid in asking WHY you made this thread then ?
    Because I found out about the 3 subjects thing after this thread.

Fair enough an edit on your OP may be good though; so no one else gets confused.

Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.