Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

been offered a resit after appealing Watch

ReputationRep:
    heya

a few weeks back i asked what people's thoughts were on me appealing to rockschool about my grade 8 vocal exam results

i got 61/100 when i needed 65/100 for a pass...so 4 marks away

i have been offered to resit the exam in the next 10 days...this is pleasing because it shows that my appeal was worthy...however, i'm also really worried because i took the official exam over a month ago when i felt on top form...now i'm worried because i've not sang as much recently (i really thought they'd change my mark or disregard my appeal)

so yeah, has anyone else ever been in this situation before?

any tips for singers who have been out of practice for a month? i'm thinking health kick and swimming (good for opening lungs etc) as well as practice but if anyone else can offer advice then please do

as a side note, i posted this because i wanted to show that appealing can be worth it, now i'm just worried that i won't perform to pass level standard this time around, even though i'm convinced i did in the initial exam

eeek! well worried! any advice would be greatly appreciated

thanks,

Laura xx

ReputationRep:
    I've got an answer

I spoke to them on the phone today and was offered to resit either in the next 10 days or next season...i chose next season...i would have liked to have got the exam and worry out of the way but i think it'd be more worth it to resit after more practice

so yeah, a bit annoying as they did consider moving the marks up to just a pass (which i'd have been choofed with) but they think it's in everyones interest to resit what with it being a higher grade

so yeah, if anyone else feels that the marks they recieved don't match the examiner comments (rockschool must have thought i had a case hence free resit) then don't hesitate to appeal because something *can* come of it

just gotta worry about passing this time round now eeek!

ReputationRep:
    Give up caffeine and/or dairy for the week prior to the exam...really does make a difference! Good luck with it

ReputationRep:
    thanks...i've not tried the giving up dairy thing yet but come to think of it, this time i'm definately gonna try that as i reeeeeeally wanna pass this time

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.