Turn on thread page Beta

Enough! Time for a... PART-TIME/SUMMER JOBS THREAD!! watch

ReputationRep:
    If you're looking for advice about part-time jobs to pick up this summer, that's those of you leaving/finishing School/College this summer I thought I'd set up one big thread for you all to post in here instead - there's tonnes of "Summer job" threads etc popping up. Experienced members and mods can all be on hand in this one thread to offer advice so please feel free to post your queries in here!

If you're looking for specific "popular" employers and have questions about working for them (e.g. Sainsbury's) many of them have hugely popular threads on here so you can post your company/job-specific questions there and have them answered by members of TSR who have experience working for them!

Anything you can't find answered in one of these threads, create a new one. Just trying to help keep things a little bit cleaner and make a new "banter" area for those of you looking for student jobs. :yes:

Post away people!

ReputationRep:
    Fail. There is already a summer jobs thread sticky.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=511847

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lell)
    Fail. There is already a summer jobs thread sticky.
    Don't be so rude, he's only trying to help!

(Original post by kat2pult)
    +1

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kat2pult)
    Agreed!!!!:yes: :yes: :yes:

ReputationRep:
    I wasn't being rude. A mere peek at the list of threads would have told the OP that this kind of thread already exists.

ReputationRep:
    plss lets not get into an arugument. so Yeah ive been looking since june...ive adjusted my cv more than 5 times...im frustrated and annoyed...i need to do something.....i want to save up to go on a holiday....but i have no job...thus no income....HELPP pls

ReputationRep:
    if u like . i can teach u some tricks to get some buks
    not going to ask money or anythings.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I may be hard to find another job at the moment with there not being many jobs arount at the minute but my advice would be to send your cv/application forms in to everywhere you can think of.
    With many places you have to apply online so thats worth a try.

I would recommend working at mcdonalds. They are always taking people on. The money isnt the best ever but it is a right laugh and you can do as many or as few hours as you want. I work there. I just work weeekends in school time then do more shifts in the holidays.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by londynclara)
    if u like . i can teach u some tricks to get some buks
    not going to ask money or anythings.

lOOOL your too funny!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emma:-))
    I may be hard to find another job at the moment with there not being many jobs arount at the minute but my advice would be to send your cv/application forms in to everywhere you can think of.
    With many places you have to apply online so thats worth a try.

I would recommend working at mcdonalds. They are always taking people on. The money isnt the best ever but it is a right laugh and you can do as many or as few hours as you want. I work there. I just work weeekends in school time then do more shifts in the holidays.

thanx good advice!!!

ReputationRep:
    Also this whole section is "part-time and temporary employment", so you're basically making a sticky for what this whole section is about.

ReputationRep:
    I'm back at home for the Summer from university, and having no luck whatsoever with job applications. *sigh*

ReputationRep:
    It would seem so... I was totally aware of the sticky thread. However, people seem to be ignoring it... so better two bigger threads than thousands going ignored. :rolleyes: Of course, if it's really not appreciated I could just delete the thread?

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.