Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mrs Matt Bellamy)
    No i'm bricking it for my results! But just thought they were overrated and dont want the person who started this thread getting stressed out like i did!
    Lol ok, my mistake, good luck:p:

ReputationRep:
    Tbh, if I had revised for my GCSE's and/or finished coursework the summer before, I would have been wayyyy better off in the long run - but then, I went to the shizziest school ever. So, OP if you're school's standard of teaching is crap, I would do that, definitely. Most likely, your school is half decent, though. That said, it doesn't hurt to get coursework out of the way, no matter what school you go to.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maximum Velocity)
    Is this a good or bad idea :/ ? This summer is going to be crap , and I have nothing better to do ....
    :O You're only 'young', how dya know so much about cars? :P Anyways that was OT.

I went over all my stuff in the yr10-11 hols and found it really helped. My memory was refreshed and not too much work was needed for mocks in december.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilangel890)
    :O You're only 'young', how dya know so much about cars? :P Anyways that was OT.

I went over all my stuff in the yr10-11 hols and found it really helped. My memory was refreshed and not too much work was needed for mocks in december.
    I may be young but I can sure ...... , I won't finish the sentance.

Well yh I might go over a few bits and bobs .

And what's OT ?.

And I just know a lot about cars , just natural , done my work experience in a car garage aswell , they let me put on a whole exhaust system on a BMW 325i 1989. I weren't aloud to do the welding though .

Got any more car problems lol ? x

ReputationRep:
    I may be young but I can sure ...... , I won't finish the sentance.

Well yh I might go over a few bits and bobs .

And what's OT ?.

And I just know a lot about cars , just natural , done my work experience in a car garage aswell , they let me put on a whole exhaust system on a BMW 325i 1989. I weren't aloud to do the welding though .

Got any more car problems lol ? x
    ! Pas de comment & off topic :P That's pretty cool! Lot more than I did at my first work experience

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilangel890)
    ! Pas de comment & off topic :P That's pretty cool! Lot more than I did at my first work experience
    Don't worry about being off topic :p:

What did you do for your work experience.

ReputationRep:
    I started revising for my 2010 GCSEs ages ago.
    Too much time on my hands... and my Graphics teacher is ****.
    Thus I've decided to read through my revision guide.
    =]

ReputationRep:
    How can you revise for your GCSEs now when you haven't even learnt the material for them? I mean, feel free to go over what you did in year 10, but beware that you're going to run out of revision materials pretty quickly.

Or, y'know, go outside.

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry about being off topic :p:

What did you do for your work experience.
    In an IT firm. Just admin again. At least I got to answer the phones I spose

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SpiritedAway)
    :indiff: Maybe I'm just losing the ability to understand English, but this kind of insinuates that you're already taking your GCSEs.
    Yeah you do GCSEs for two years..
    start doing them in year 10 and finish them in year 11
    OP is just going into year 11 so will be doing his/her gcses in 2010 and is already taking them..

ReputationRep:
    I say go ahead - knock yourself out. You may learn a valuable life-skills lesson.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GHOSH-5)
    It's a little depressing to hear that people are considering revising for next year's GCSEs now, I must say.
    Not exactly revising but going over a few topics. I don't intend to learn the whole syllabus in six weeks for all my GCSEs. And I'm not starting my GCSEs , I'm half way through them :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BabyGirl92)
    Yeah you do GCSEs for two years..
    start doing them in year 10 and finish them in year 11
    OP is just going into year 11 so will be doing his/her gcses in 2010 and is already taking them..
    Yes, I know, this is what I'm saying :nothing:

ReputationRep:
    The only subject i needed to revise for was history, i didn't realise how much there actually was. since you don't study this, then there's nothing else that needs more than a couple of days revision prior to the exam.

your profile says you find science pretty simple, why don't you try reading a book based on science.
    my favourites are
    'Why Don't Penguins' Feet Freeze?'
    and
    'Why Do Buses Come in Threes?'

some light reading and your brain won't turn to mush over the holidays

ReputationRep:
    Have fun.

:awesome:
    I haven't said I'm going to proceed with it yet :p:

ReputationRep:
    The mere thought that you're putting into the idea is bewildering. It should be a clear 'NO' in your head. :smile:
    I'm not putting hardly any thought into it. I'm not going to , I wannaaa go toooooo a gymmm ! , but it's to expensive mayne (N)

ReputationRep:
    That's new...I've never heard of anyone who actually wants to revise in the two months when they're not even at school :/ Save it for class, kid

ReputationRep:
    seriously dont revise yet its just stupid! the y10 summer hols is pretty much the last proper holiday you get! Why not do work experience or get a job. Or learn a language? Spanish is fairly straightforward (as far as languages go) and I wouldn't mind giving you a few pointers. I just cant bear the thought of you sat at home all summer revising for exams nearly a year away! Come on feb half term is starting early enough.... (i hope, tell you in 33 days )

ReputationRep:
    Wow. I barely knew my course by easter.

If you start revising now, you'll have forgotten everything by June.

Why not do something fun? And non-school related.

ReputationRep:
    Don't bother, when May/June approaches just cram as much as you can in the 2 weeks leading up to the exam and then the weeks of exams. Either that or space it out throughout Year 11, just enjoy Year 11 it goes soo fast.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.