The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Reply 1
all infomation about parking etc. is http://www.lancs.ac.uk/depts/security/carparking.htm there.. good luck, most people dont have cars on campus, as a first year you will need a damn good reason!

building in pendel/grizdale area should be done by the start of term.. there a re alot of things that need to go in there so other things can happen, porters lodge for example..

they are building the waterside? project for the management school near there aswell.. no idea bout that, may or may not be done [most likely not going by other uni projects!] its offices and lecture rooms.

as to the bar, i assume its in the new building, not seen inside it yet..
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Reply 2
athamas
all infomation about parking etc. is http://www.lancs.ac.uk/depts/security/carparking.htm there.. good luck, most people dont have cars on campus, as a first year you will need a damn good reason!

building in pendel/grizdale area should be done by the start of term.. there a re alot of things that need to go in there so other things can happen, porters lodge for example..

they are building the waterside? project for the management school near there aswell.. no idea bout that, may or may not be done [most likely not going by other uni projects!] its offices and lecture rooms.

as to the bar, i assume its in the new building, not seen inside it yet..

Thanks for your help, why will i need a good reason lol? and whats the waterside?
I am right in saying that pendle and grizedale colleges are located near the infolab, which is near the construction?
Reply 3
there are very limited car parking spaces on campus, so they only give them to people who 'need' them, ther eis a big list of reasonswhy you may need one, http://www.lancs.ac.uk/depts/estates/documents/Student%20Car%20Parking%20Policy%202008.pdf to see if you qualify, folllow that link,

water side is the name of the building, its just another building housing offices and the like

yep, they are the ones near the construction, most of the building three is nearing completion, the big building oppsite is the new ISS computer centre, which was supposed to be finished last christmass, so that should be done, and the colledge stuff should also be finished...

so you should be in luck..
Reply 4
athamas
there are very limited car parking spaces on campus, so they only give them to people who 'need' them, ther eis a big list of reasonswhy you may need one, http://www.lancs.ac.uk/depts/estates/documents/Student%20Car%20Parking%20Policy%202008.pdf to see if you qualify, folllow that link,

water side is the name of the building, its just another building housing offices and the like

yep, they are the ones near the construction, most of the building three is nearing completion, the big building oppsite is the new ISS computer centre, which was supposed to be finished last christmass, so that should be done, and the colledge stuff should also be finished...

so you should be in luck..

Cool, thanks for clarifying that, new computer centre sounds good :smile:
Do you live at lancaster now? or do you just know alot about the uni?
Reply 5
i am/was a student..
graduated last year and am now doing a phd in lancs,

so i know alot about the uni.. and have become cynical, but have spent enough time away from the uni not to get cabin fevor like some people do..
Reply 6
athamas
i am/was a student..
graduated last year and am now doing a phd in lancs,

so i know alot about the uni.. and have become cynical, but have spent enough time away from the uni not to get cabin fevor like some people do..

What did you think about living on campus? and do you rate the uni?
Reply 7
living on campus is fairly good, you can get out of bed 10 mins before a lecture and still be on time, town is not that far away, and after a night out there are plenty of buss's back
It can be quite expensive if you are not carefull, there are lots of places to eat on campus and its very easy to spend alot of money on food drink etc.. so heading to town to get food so you can cook is a good idea...

uni is fairly good, depends on the subject really, some subjects are generally better than otheres, but thats the same as everywhere.. :P
Generally the uni is fairly good, from your profile you are a comp sci student...
depending which bit of comp sci route you go down i know there were some issues with one of the 2nd year streams this year just gone, but that should be fixed by the time you get there.. but as i say, depends on the stream you take..

get to know the people in the higher years and you will soon find out whats good...
Reply 8
athamas
living on campus is fairly good, you can get out of bed 10 mins before a lecture and still be on time, town is not that far away, and after a night out there are plenty of buss's back
It can be quite expensive if you are not carefull, there are lots of places to eat on campus and its very easy to spend alot of money on food drink etc.. so heading to town to get food so you can cook is a good idea...

uni is fairly good, depends on the subject really, some subjects are generally better than otheres, but thats the same as everywhere.. :P
Generally the uni is fairly good, from your profile you are a comp sci student...
depending which bit of comp sci route you go down i know there were some issues with one of the 2nd year streams this year just gone, but that should be fixed by the time you get there.. but as i say, depends on the stream you take..

get to know the people in the higher years and you will soon find out whats good...

OK cool thanks, ive heard you can take another subject when you get there? is this true, and then if you like your minor subject more u can switch at the end of the year? I heard this somewhere?
Reply 9
usually,

depends on your major loading..

you have 3 streams in your first year, your major can be anywhere between 1 and 3 of these.. the others will be made up of what ever you want..

so depending what you take you can have quite alot of choice, and then you can swap over as you go.. though it does require some paper work..
Reply 10
athamas
usually,

depends on your major loading..

you have 3 streams in your first year, your major can be anywhere between 1 and 3 of these.. the others will be made up of what ever you want..

so depending what you take you can have quite alot of choice, and then you can swap over as you go.. though it does require some paper work..

Alrighty, thanks :biggrin: sick of paper work already ha, stupid student finance folks, they need to be sacked and people who can actually do the job need to be employed! if you wanna chat or whatever add me on msn [email protected]
ps, im not a weirdo lol :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending