Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Anime Soc Chat: Ignoring crazed lolis since 2006! Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JWH)
    That's what I thought when I first heard of it but it is very nice :coma:

Though I am rather confused at the moment. I eat quiet a lot of junk food and stuff that most people would get fat quickly from eating but I just found out I have actually lost weight :lolwut: .
    Mmm junk food.

I didn't think baked beans went with cheese :wtf:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liquidus Zeromus)
    Maybe so :P

I felt shy at the meet myself, which was probably evident. I tried my best to fit in though :yes:
    I'm crap at fitting in. I usually say or do something to make a fool of myself, everyone gives me a weird look and then ignores me the rest of the time. It's why I don't go to parties :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cooro)
    You get kind of sick of that when you live here :p:
    :sad:he probably doesnt drive the same Lexus anymore

ReputationRep:
    I don't think I came across as shy at the meet :mmm: My throat hurt from talking and laughing so much :p:

I'm normally quite shy but have had to mostly get over that because of my job - talking to various idiotic members of the general public/managers/underlings/colleagues on a daily basis does that to a person.

ReputationRep:
    Im actually sort of shy with new people, its why I walked past you lot twice and only approached hiding behind euge:giggle:

..then my throat hurt from talking/being constantly rude and that ramen which nearly killed me

ReputationRep:
    Mmm junk food.

I didn't think baked beans went with cheese :wtf:
    It is a rather odd combo but it's rather nice :grin:

I am actually trying to put on weight actually. I feel like I am a bit skinny for my size. But even though I must eat a ungodly amount of junk food I never put on much weight at all.

ReputationRep:
    It'd be nice to do a meet closer to Norwich next summer... I'll be going to America for a few months next September so I could use you lot as practise for meeting new people :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cooro)
    I'm crap at fitting in. I usually say or do something to make a fool of myself, everyone gives me a weird look and then ignores me the rest of the time. It's why I don't go to parties :p:
    :console:

Again, I can sympathise. Although it's not so much that I'm ignored than that I don't speak up much and run out of things to say that don't seem silly :laugh:
    I actually said something which was misinterpreted as "I'll kill you all!" :rofl: Then everyone looked at me as if I was mad :sad:

ReputationRep:
    Bah something strange is going on. For the last few days my right hand has felt lighter then usual, like something is missing :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cooro)
    It'd be nice to do a meet closer to Norwich next summer... I'll be going to America for a few months next September so I could use you lot as practise for meeting new people :p:
    you said Norwich was dull so presumably the places near to it are dull to:mmm:

ReputationRep:
    I'm not very shy at all. I remember at this year when I walked into my new art class which I new absolutely no one from I just walked in flopped in a chair and just said "Now who are you lot" . I just talked to the whole class for the lesson though it took me a long time to learn everyone's name (i still actually can't remember some of them :ninja: ) . Mind you I have never been shy though I did do quiet a bit with a drama group a few years back so that completely got rid of all my shyness seeing as you had to talk to large amounts of people while on a stage with a blinding spot light on you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Truered)
    Bah something strange is going on. For the last few days my right hand has felt lighter then usual, like something is missing :lolwut:
    That happens to me only when I forget to put on a bracelet or a ring or nail varnish........I dont think any of those would be the reason in your case :giggle:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vin)
    Im actually sort of shy with new people, its why I walked past you lot twice and only approached hiding behind euge:giggle:

..then my throat hurt from talking/being constantly rude and that ramen which nearly killed me
    You, Cara, and Pudding came across as the most social people of the lot :tongue:

I didn't put poison in that ramen, it wasn't supposed to do that :wtf:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by caraniel)
    That happens to me only when I forget to put on a bracelet or a ring or nail varnish........I dont think any of those would be the reason in your case :giggle:
    would your nail varnish be made of lead:wtf:

:poke:tru maybe you cut your nails
    You, Cara, and Pudding came across as the most social people of the lot :tongue:

I didn't put poison in that ramen, it wasn't supposed to do that :wtf:
    :proud:

god damn that was some tasty poison:coma:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vin)
    you said Norwich was dull so presumably the places near to it are dull to:mmm:
    By 'closer to Norwich' I mean somewhere like London, which is much closer to here than Birmingham. With Birmingham, I'd've spent half the day travelling, spent about half an hour with you guys, and then had to spend the other half of the day travelling back to be home before, well, Sunday.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JWH)
    I'm not very shy at all. I remember at this year when I walked into my new art class which I new absolutely no one from I just walked in flopped in a chair and just said "Now who are you lot" . I just talked to the whole class for the lesson though it took me a long time to learn everyone's name (i still actually can't remember some of them :ninja: ) . Mind you I have never been shy though I did do quiet a bit with a drama group a few years back so that completely got rid of all my shyness seeing as you had to talk to large amounts of people while on a stage with a blinding spot light on you.
    Lucky

It doesn't help that I am absent-minded and clumsy :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cooro)
    By 'closer to Norwich' I mean somewhere like London, which is much closer to here than Birmingham. With Birmingham, I'd've spent half the day travelling, spent about half an hour with you guys, and then had to spend the other half of the day travelling back to be home before, well, Sunday.
    yeah but that half hour would have been a blast:proud:

ReputationRep:
    I suppose another reason for my new lack of painful shyness is my teaching experience......teaching groups of people quite a bit older than me english/interview skills shortly after I graduated kind of cured me - nothing like throwing yourself into the deep end. Of course I'm still the kind of person that when confronted with a group of strangers will sit back and assess the situation before initiating any kind of conversation - don't like going in blind.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by caraniel)
    And I wear my watch on my left hand...for seven years I've had nothing on that hand yet suddenly it feels lighter, and a bit numb as well I guess

oh noes

ReputationRep:
    :console:

Again, I can sympathise. Although it's not so much that I'm ignored than that I don't speak up much and run out of things to say that don't seem silly :laugh:
    I actually said something which was misinterpreted as "I'll kill you all!" :rofl: Then everyone looked at me as if I was mad :sad:
    Everything I say is retarded so I don't see the problem with sounding silly. If something I said was mis heard as "I'll kill you all" I would find the hilarious seeing as it really change a conversation :grin:

Mind you everything I do is retarded and I have an attention span of a mildly drunk squirrel so I have I have always seen the funny side of situations or at least created that funny side :grin:

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 9, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.