Turn on thread page Beta

Anime Soc Chat: Ignoring crazed lolis since 2006! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Truered)
    And I wear my watch on my left hand...for seven years I've had nothing on that hand yet suddenly it feels lighter, and a bit numb as well I guess

oh noes
    Heart attack? :eyebrow:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vin)
    yeah but that half hour would have been a blast:proud:
    :cute:

Well, if you plan on having another meet, I'll do my very best to come :yep: Though if it is next summer I won't be able to afford much because I'll pretty much be spent out on getting stuff organised for America.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    I've always naturally been something of an extrovert, despite my lack of need for social attention. Given that I've also been an art director for many years (supervising a team and being the spokeswoman when pitching to the client), I've acquired a certain adeptness to create discussion. I'm also used to attending networking parties, especially when I worked in publishing, so meeting people was something of a normality. :o:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by caraniel)
    Heart attack? :eyebrow:
    Well if it is it's taking it's time :stomp:

And just my hand, not my arm. It's my little and ring finger that feel numb, the others are ok

ReputationRep:
    I suppose another reason for my new lack of painful shyness is my teaching experience......teaching groups of people quite a bit older than me english/interview skills shortly after I graduated kind of cured me - nothing like throwing yourself into the deep end. Of course I'm still the kind of person that when confronted with a group of strangers will sit back and assess the situation before initiating any kind of conversation - don't like going in blind.
    Oh yeah. Social exposure tends to make you more social overall. But it depends on the situation. :yes:

ReputationRep:
    I suppose another reason for my new lack of painful shyness is my teaching experience......teaching groups of people quite a bit older than me english/interview skills shortly after I graduated kind of cured me - nothing like throwing yourself into the deep end. Of course I'm still the kind of person that when confronted with a group of strangers will sit back and assess the situation before initiating any kind of conversation - don't like going in blind.
    teaching older people must have made you hate people:console:
    (Original post by Matisse)
    I've always naturally been something of an extrovert, despite my lack of need for social attention. Given that I've also been an art director for many years (supervising a team and being the spokeswoman when pitching to the client), I've acquired a certain adeptness to create discussion. I'm also used to attending networking parties, especially when I worked in publishing, so meeting people was something of a normality. :o:
    :hmmm:how nice to see you onee-sama:huff:

:poke: tru maybe your hand is tired from :joyman:

ReputationRep:
    I will admit I used to very shy but after I started to slowly grow to the level of what could be described as insanity :grin: and thanks to being part of a drama group and an incident where I had my foot slammed in a coffin door I had made such a fool of myself I thought I may as well continue with it because it was so fun which in turn made me a lot more confident and willing to talk to people more :grin:

ReputationRep:
    RSI Tru? My fingers sometimes go numb when I'm having a particularly bad bout.........any swelling in your wrist??

ReputationRep:
    rsi caused by :joyman::eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vin)
    teaching older people must have made you hate people:console:
    Nah its the NHS thats made me hate people.....I used to like people, now I just find them irritating and stupid :s:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by vin)
    :hmmm:how nice to see you onee-sama:huff:
    Evening Vin-kin. :smile:

Thank you for posting the pictures of the meet. Too bad about the rain, otherwise you could have spent some of the day in the church/graveyard area. :yes:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Nah its the NHS thats made me hate people.....I used to like people, now I just find them irritating and stupid :s:
    I'm thankful that I'm not required to interact with the general public, if only for this reason alone. :sadnod:

ReputationRep:
    I'm off to bed. Night :yawn: :ciao:

ReputationRep:
    I would have taken alot more photos if it had of been nice outside :sadnod:

Oh yes people - poll on blog.

ReputationRep:
    RSI Tru? My fingers sometimes go numb when I'm having a particularly bad bout.........any swelling in your wrist??
    It's actually quite free moving, seems moreso then usual...doesn't make cracking sounds like usual :mmm:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Poor Tru-pyon. I rely on my wrist when illustrating. I dread to think what would happen should I lose the ability to do that properly. :erm:

Night Cooro. :smile:

ReputationRep:
    Night Cooro!

Dont have a notion what it is then Tru :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Matisse)
    Evening Vin-kin. :smile:

Thank you for posting the pictures of the meet. Too bad about the rain, otherwise you could have spent some of the day in the church/graveyard area. :yes:
    well we walked through it on the way to the pub ...after I led everyone to a pub that had closed down:mmm:

Im still dissapointed in you:sad:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    I would have taken alot more photos if it had of been nice outside :sadnod:

Oh yes people - poll on blog.
    I knew how everyone looked beforehand, so it was nice to see all of you together. The next meet should comprise an anime screening of sorts. :yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vin)
    rsi caused by :joyman::eek:
    :sadnod:

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 9, 2009
Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.