Turn on thread page Beta

Anime Soc Chat: Ignoring crazed lolis since 2006! watch

ReputationRep:
    battery is about to die, goodnight everyone:ciao:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by The_Pudding_Earl)
    It's a collectors mentality, you get into this mindset where everything has to be completed! It's a strange phenomenon, quite curious indeed.

Morning to you to Aiko!
    I'm not much of a collector, just an obsessor. The manga collection I've "accumulated" is simply the result of that, hence its poor condition. In fact, much of what I've read was loaned from the library in the center. Nowadays, I just download and print off the few series I'm following. :tongue:

Night Vin-kin. :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Pudding_Earl)
    It's a collectors mentality, you get into this mindset where everything has to be completed! It's a strange phenomenon, quite curious indeed.

Morning to you to Aiko!
    In a sense that's true, but I am selective about what I watch. :P

Night vin-slave

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryJellyfish)
    Could have been worse. If you'd gotten the original western release of the series, they'd have been flipped so that they read left to right. Which meant that certain parts (e.g text on characters' t-shirts) was back to front. :p:

You didn't get those versions, did you? :o:
    Nope, the re-releases. However the UK distributor dropped the series at vol 8 (which is sold out).

I know because I emailed them :proud:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by Liquidus Zeromus)
    Definitely not :laugh:

Well, except DNA2. (how do you get that subtext?)

It was pretty cool, don't remember why I ditched it.
    There's a feature on OS X that enables alternative characters. However, in my case, I just copied your 'dropped' list from your AP account, as you might have guessed. :giggle:

I haven't actually seen DNA², but it's on my 'want to watch' list. :smile:
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Matisse)
    I've never understood the obligation to finish a series, anime or manga. Fortunately, much of what I've seen or read I've somehow managed to finish. An indicator that most series are worth it. :yes:
    That's just it, pretty much every series I'm reading at the moment is great (3.5 being my lowest rating), and I want to see them all right through to the end. But there are also many other, newer series out there that appeal to me, and if I end up starting those and they turn out to be as good then the list of things to finish just keeps growing.

Typing 3.5 reminded me of something I noticed when I checked my A-P profile earlier. I have you added as a friend, and so I can see how you rate series etc. And I was surprised to see you using half stars. :p:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by Truered)
    I know because I emailed them :proud:
    Admirable, fellow otaku. :five:

ReputationRep:
    Night vin :emog:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Matisse)
    Admirable, fellow otaku. :five:
    :emog:

Luckily they're the same size/design, just with "Dark Horse" replacing "Titan books"
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by AngryJellyfish)
    That's just it, pretty much every series I'm reading at the moment is great (3.5 being my lowest rating), and I want to see them all right through to the end. But there are also many other, newer series out there that appeal to me, and if I end up starting those and they turn out to be as good then the list of things to finish just keeps growing.
    That's the dilemma I have, particularly with anime. With each new season, I will always end up watching several more, resulting in my 'want to watch' list growing that much bigger. It doesn't help that this upcoming season seems promising. With manga, I've reduced what I'm reading to only three series. I simply don't have the time anymore, and the little that I do have is given to anime.

Typing 3.5 reminded me of something I noticed when I checked my A-P profile earlier. I have you added as a friend, and so I can see how you rate series etc. And I was surprised to see you using half stars. :p:
    I was planning to mention this in the on-topic thread at one point. Yes, despite my adamancy to rate wholly (due to my aesthetic preference), I felt that my ratings failed to accurately distinguish between a high and low four. Accordingly, I reluctantly went through my listings and altered a few dozen series. I concluded that I'd rather have accuracy than aesthetic appeal. :tongue:

Edit: And this also applies to series that I've rated three (high or low).
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by Truered)
    :emog:

Luckily they're the same size/design, just with "Dark Horse" replacing "Titan books"
    Consistency is important. :yes:
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    I have a similar problem with Del Rey/Tanoshimi. Having random volumes by different publishers looks a bit odd on my bookshelf, but I'm willing to put up with that as it would suck to see a volume in a shop and not be able to buy it simply because it's from the wrong publisher. :p: Again there's only minor differences between the two. Yen Press' releases of Yotsuba&! should be interesting though, I hope they look like ADV Manga's...

ReputationRep:
    pudding sleep now... night everyone!

I probably won't be online that much this month since Katana just came back from Aber and I want to spend some time with him

ReputationRep:
    Night pudding. That sucks but have fun :ciao:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    We will miss you, Charlotte. Although, I can relate. :smile:

I'm going to watch the latest episode of Guin Saga before getting some sleep. No work for me tomorrow (I'm still apparently ill), but we're planning to leave the house early, so I'll take my departure here.

Nice chatting with you all, as always. :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    Night night :tongue:

I shall go too. Well, after I watch Pandora Hearts :goodnight:

ReputationRep:
    It looks like the meet was a lot of fun. Thanks for sharing the pictures Cara and Vin

Next time take a bigger umbrella Cara :p:
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Pictures? Damn. *goes trawling back through all the pages he's missed*

ReputationRep:
    Awww! AJ your avatar is so cute.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Smellyfish, wtf is that thing linked from your profile :scared:

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 9, 2009
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.