The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2540
*Jumps into conversation many hours later*

I have collectors mentality as well it seems - really hate it when my collection is incomplete.....although saying that I only have Death Note, Black Sun Silver Moon, After School Nightmare, Fushigi Yuugi and Legal Drug (although thats on indefinate hiatus :mad:) completed on the shelf. Fruits Basket will be completed this month too.....everything else is ongoing in Japan. Its therefore really, really annoying me that I can't find Stage 2 of the Geass novels anywhere! :rant:

I only buy manga series that I have sampled through scanlations and really liked - this way I won't be spending money on things I dont really like and then feel obligated to complete :p:
Reply 2541
Yuuki
It looks like the meet was a lot of fun. Thanks for sharing the pictures Cara and Vin :smile:

Next time take a bigger umbrella Cara :p:

My umbrella is usually sufficent to survive a shower.....it struggled to deal with the torrential downpour the skies graced us with on Saturday :hmpf: The ends of my hair where dripping wet (along with the rest of me from the shoulders down :p:
I also have a collector's mentality :smile: It's why I was so hooked in to Yu-Gi-Oh and the likes :smile:
caraniel
My umbrella is usually sufficent to survive a shower.....it struggled to deal with the torrential downpour the skies graced us with on Saturday :hmpf: The ends of my hair where dripping wet (along with the rest of me from the shoulders down :p:

Were there any more pictures than the 4 at the pub? :redface: If there are i'll have to wade through the thread. :sigh:
Reply 2544
Matisse
I'm not much of a collector, just an obsessor. The manga collection I've "accumulated" is simply the result of that, hence its poor condition. In fact, much of what I've read was loaned from the library in the center. Nowadays, I just download and print off the few series I'm following. :tongue:

Night Vin-kin. :hugs:

:zomg:that must use up a ton of paper, just like when mummy prints her fanfics:no:
Kagutsuchi
Were there any more pictures than the 4 at the pub? :redface: If there are i'll have to wade through the thread. :sigh:

you would have had to have been there to get a true feel for the for the day:proud:
vin

you would have had to have been there to get a true feel for the for the day:proud:

It's a good thing I wasn't. :giggle: I get slightly grouchy or hyper when i'm wet... and I don't like getting wet.
Reply 2546
caraniel
*Jumps into conversation many hours later*

Ongoing series I am currently collecting:
Bleach
Naruto
Hayate
Kurohime
Claymore
Negima
Oh my Goddess
FMA
Higurashi
Skip beat
Excel saga
(yotsuba)
Black lagoon
Ikkitousen :mmm:

:afraid:
Reply 2547
Kagutsuchi
It's a good thing I wasn't. :giggle: I get slightly grouchy or hyper when i'm wet... and I don't like getting wet.

you would have been preety dry in the creche :yes:
Unfortunately, the one problem I have with Yen Press is that they seem to like picking up series that have very few volumes out in Japan. I guess it means that we're getting some pretty new stuff that way, but it also means long waits for the next volumes. Most other publishers seem to either go for complete series, or ones that have been running for a fair while and so have a nice backlog of volumes ready for translation.
Reply 2549
Truered
Ongoing series I am currently collecting:
Bleach
Naruto
Hayate
Kurohime
Claymore
Negima
Oh my Goddess
FMA
Higurashi
Skip beat
Excel saga
(yotsuba)
Black lagoon
Ikkitousen :mmm:

:afraid:
Oh dear :console:

I'm collecting:
Bleach
Fushigi Yuugi: Genbu Kaiden
Tsubasa Chronicle
xxxHOLiC
FMA
Ouran
Skip Beat
D.Gray-Man
Vampire Knight
Zombie Loan
Ghost Hunt
Bride of the Water God
and the Geass & Haruhi novels

:s-smilie:
I might just write a blog entry on what I'm collecting XD I haven't written an entry in a few days.
3 down, 408 episodes to go. :sigh:

One piece is pretty funny though. :giggle:
Reply 2552
I'm collecting:
Bon Jovi stuff
Enid Blyton books
Chalet School books
Reply 2553
Juno
I'm collecting:
Bon Jovi stuff
Enid Blyton books
Chalet School books

no Arthur:s:
Reply 2554
vin
no Arthur:s:

I can't collect an aardvark :s:
I'm only collecting anime episodes. :erm:
Reply 2556
Kagutsuchi
I'm only collecting anime episodes. :erm:

:ditto: Even that is rare for me these days. :p:
Reply 2557
Helloooooooo

I don't tend to collect much at all. I did used to collect cards and stuff but I always got bored of them and would sell some to some kids and usually end up making quiet a bit of money off them :grin: . Though Games and Books are a different story if I read a book by an author I like I will go out of my way just to buy the other books the author has written just so I can read them and the same sort of goes for games as well. If there is a series of games I like I will buy the others even if I can just borrow them off my friends (eg Persona, Final Fantasy)

Speaking of final fantasy seeing as I just watch Advent Children complete (again :ninja: )

Hi everyone.

I collect people's skulls :teeth:
Reply 2559
Liquidus Zeromus
Hi everyone.

I collect people's skulls :teeth:

you better not be avoiding the skull tax:spank:

one winged angel:drool:

Latest