Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Anime Soc Chat: Ignoring crazed lolis since 2006! Watch

ReputationRep:
    *Jumps into conversation many hours later*

I have collectors mentality as well it seems - really hate it when my collection is incomplete.....although saying that I only have Death Note, Black Sun Silver Moon, After School Nightmare, Fushigi Yuugi and Legal Drug (although thats on indefinate hiatus :mad:) completed on the shelf. Fruits Basket will be completed this month too.....everything else is ongoing in Japan. Its therefore really, really annoying me that I can't find Stage 2 of the Geass novels anywhere! :rant:

I only buy manga series that I have sampled through scanlations and really liked - this way I won't be spending money on things I dont really like and then feel obligated to complete :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yuuki)
    It looks like the meet was a lot of fun. Thanks for sharing the pictures Cara and Vin

Next time take a bigger umbrella Cara :p:
    My umbrella is usually sufficent to survive a shower.....it struggled to deal with the torrential downpour the skies graced us with on Saturday :hmpf: The ends of my hair where dripping wet (along with the rest of me from the shoulders down :p:

ReputationRep:
    I also have a collector's mentality It's why I was so hooked in to Yu-Gi-Oh and the likes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by caraniel)
    My umbrella is usually sufficent to survive a shower.....it struggled to deal with the torrential downpour the skies graced us with on Saturday :hmpf: The ends of my hair where dripping wet (along with the rest of me from the shoulders down :p:
    Were there any more pictures than the 4 at the pub? :redface: If there are i'll have to wade through the thread. :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Matisse)
    I'm not much of a collector, just an obsessor. The manga collection I've "accumulated" is simply the result of that, hence its poor condition. In fact, much of what I've read was loaned from the library in the center. Nowadays, I just download and print off the few series I'm following. :tongue:

Night Vin-kin. :hugs:
    :zomg:that must use up a ton of paper, just like when mummy prints her fanfics:no:
    (Original post by Kagutsuchi)
    Were there any more pictures than the 4 at the pub? :redface: If there are i'll have to wade through the thread. :sigh:
    you would have had to have been there to get a true feel for the for the day:proud:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vin)
    you would have had to have been there to get a true feel for the for the day:proud:
    It's a good thing I wasn't. :giggle: I get slightly grouchy or hyper when i'm wet... and I don't like getting wet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by caraniel)
    *Jumps into conversation many hours later*
    Ongoing series I am currently collecting:
    Bleach
    Naruto
    Hayate
    Kurohime
    Claymore
    Negima
    Oh my Goddess
    FMA
    Higurashi
    Skip beat
    Excel saga
    (yotsuba)
    Black lagoon
    Ikkitousen :mmm:

:afraid:

ReputationRep:
    It's a good thing I wasn't. :giggle: I get slightly grouchy or hyper when i'm wet... and I don't like getting wet.
    you would have been preety dry in the creche :yes:
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Unfortunately, the one problem I have with Yen Press is that they seem to like picking up series that have very few volumes out in Japan. I guess it means that we're getting some pretty new stuff that way, but it also means long waits for the next volumes. Most other publishers seem to either go for complete series, or ones that have been running for a fair while and so have a nice backlog of volumes ready for translation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Truered)
    Ongoing series I am currently collecting:
    Bleach
    Naruto
    Hayate
    Kurohime
    Claymore
    Negima
    Oh my Goddess
    FMA
    Higurashi
    Skip beat
    Excel saga
    (yotsuba)
    Black lagoon
    Ikkitousen :mmm:

:afraid:
    Oh dear :console:

I'm collecting:
    Bleach
    Fushigi Yuugi: Genbu Kaiden
    Tsubasa Chronicle
    xxxHOLiC
    FMA
    Ouran
    Skip Beat
    D.Gray-Man
    Vampire Knight
    Zombie Loan
    Ghost Hunt
    Bride of the Water God
    and the Geass & Haruhi novels

ReputationRep:
    I might just write a blog entry on what I'm collecting XD I haven't written an entry in a few days.

ReputationRep:
    3 down, 408 episodes to go. :sigh:

One piece is pretty funny though. :giggle:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    I'm collecting:
    Bon Jovi stuff
    Enid Blyton books
    Chalet School books

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juno)
    I'm collecting:
    Bon Jovi stuff
    Enid Blyton books
    Chalet School books
    no Arthur:s:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by vin)
    no Arthur:s:
    I can't collect an aardvark :s:

ReputationRep:
    I'm only collecting anime episodes. :erm:

ReputationRep:
    I'm only collecting anime episodes. :erm:
    :ditto: Even that is rare for me these days. :p:

ReputationRep:
    Helloooooooo

I don't tend to collect much at all. I did used to collect cards and stuff but I always got bored of them and would sell some to some kids and usually end up making quiet a bit of money off them :grin: . Though Games and Books are a different story if I read a book by an author I like I will go out of my way just to buy the other books the author has written just so I can read them and the same sort of goes for games as well. If there is a series of games I like I will buy the others even if I can just borrow them off my friends (eg Persona, Final Fantasy)

Speaking of final fantasy seeing as I just watch Advent Children complete (again :ninja: )

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone.

I collect people's skulls :teeth:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liquidus Zeromus)
    Hi everyone.

I collect people's skulls :teeth:
    you better not be avoiding the skull tax:spank:

one winged angel:drool:

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 9, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.